TC Mod Needs Programming Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Thanks for the quick reply, ambershee! I'll definitely look into that. I'll post back here with our results and we'll see if things are resolved yet. Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The camera needs to match the pawns current rotation in the two axis your gameplay is in - that part is easy. For the 'wallwalking', you need to set the physics state to 'PHYS_Spider'.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic TC Mod Needs Programming Assistance

TC Mod Needs Programming Assistance

Hello everyone!

My name is Nick Pfisterer and I'm an avid level designer. I'm leading a total conversion mod and we're currently in the pre-production phase trying to prototype the game mechanics. Everything's going great, except for one thing: we don't know if UT3 can support our core game mechanic. So, here's a quick rundown of the project and what our problem is.

In "Zerodynamic" players take a control of a gravity maintenance worker aboard a space colony orbiting the planet Earth. During a routine maintenance job, an alarm is faintly audible just before an incredibly powerful discharge knocks you unconscious. When you come to, you are in complete darkness. Making your way through the colony, you discover the power is offline. Life support is down. Gravity is down. And no one is to be found. Armed only with your Gravity Maintenance Suit and one oxygen tank, you set out for answers…and a way to survive.

Here's where we need help. The core mechanic of the game is a way to move through zero gravity environments. This is going to be from a side-scrolling perspective. The Gravity Maintenance Suit is meant to work in zero gravity, and is equipped with magnetic boots that allow the player to walk on metal surfaces. When the player wants to repel off that surface to stand on another metal surface (a la Dead Space), the camera should re-orient itself to maintain the side perspective so that from the player's perspective, the character is always walking on the bottom of the screen.

If this doesn't make sense I'd be more than happy to expose you guys to some of the design document. I'm looking for anyone that can help us efficiently determine if this kind of game mechanic can be implemented in UnrealEd 3. If it is possible, I'd be interested in talking with you about joining the team or perhaps helping as a temp (either way your name would be in the credits for the project!). If anyone can help us out, please post here as soon as possible. Thank you in advance, and best regards to all my fellow modders out there.

~Nick
Working...
X