Unreal Tournament Pro Skater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament Pro Skater

Honestly, this was the first thing I thought of when the hover boards were first announced. A skate mod for UT. A perfect test map would be a port of ONS Tricky. As someone who played the mess out of the Tony Hawk series, I would love a game type like this. it could have competitions, objectives, even a few current game type ports like CTF, Domination, and last man standing, with LMS being based off point totals. However, The current hover board doesn't jump high enough, is not nearly fast enough, and the ability to grind would be nice. grinding could be accomplished through a special volume, allowing mappers to control what surfaces can be grinded(if that's a word) on. This way one could not grind on a large flat surface, such as the ground.

Feed Back would be greatly appreciated, and if someone could point me to some decent UT3 scripting and mapping tutorials, I might just do this my self.

Some Modeling tutorials would be nice too, any thing for blender or any other free modeling system- I'm a poor poor college student

Comment

Wow... I'm really feelin' the love here... -.-"

Comment

try snowreal. not a skating mutator but a snowboard gametype.

also i created a fugly map years back that also had a skate room with some ramps and a halfpipe.
        wait, let me search the link
        http://phobos.qml.net/bio/WAR-Training_alpha4.zip
        walk into the green tube, jump and then right hand door.

Comment

thanks for the reply, Ill check it out and see if its what I want. And thanks for the map too

Comment

I was looking through the MSUC Best Use of Physics and noticed an entry that was literally a skatepark with the ability to grind with your hoverboard and stuff like that.

EDIT: Here it is: VCTF-Warehouse Skatepark. Haven't played it myself (don't got time) though you sound like the kind of guy who would thoroughly enjoy this kind of map...

http://www.fileplanet.com/199864/190...ouse-Skatepark

Comment

Sounds awesome, thanks!
              In my opinion, the hoverboard should have been able to perform like that to begin with.

Comment

did a little research, a lot of people look down on the hb. While I will admit the primary focus of the game is kill what moves, and get the job done, I find it fun to be able to traverse the map in a new way. Also when your stuck without a vehicle, its nice to have a "faster than walking" method of transportation. Also, try getting a couple of guys on your team to play decoy by riding by the enemy base doing stunts on the hb. if they're good, you can sneak in the base and... Get The Job Done!

Comment

Alright, the "fugly" map is really fun, Bi()ha2arD! The shooting range is awesome. the vctf skatepark, doesn't have the ability to grind, though it is a fun map. lots of phisx stuff. Snowreal is fun, but not exactly what i have in mind. any way i have found some decent tutorials, and I'll try to make exactly what I'm thinking of. Maybe I can modify the turret rails? Those act right... Any Way Thanks for all your help!

Comment

the turret rails are just meshes and the turrets moving along them are using a matinee. im not sure how you will use that for grinding. i dont even think you can get grinding without coding. but good luck anyways

Comment

well I do know a bit of unrealscript leftover from2k4. it's not the coding that has me lost. It's the new setup of the system. any way, it's my understanding that the turrets move along the tracks using specialized pathnodes. I was thinking of modifying these nodes to tell the game that the hoverboard can move along these paths with a specific animation and only when a certain button is pressed within a set distance of the path. I doubt I'll add a balance bar, as that would take too much effort only to have people complaining that they get shot while focusing on not falling.

Comment

the path nodes are just for the bots that they know the turret can be moved along a path. the turret itself moves along a movement track in matinee. just open downtown for example and look at the turret sequence in kismet. i doubt it will work with the turret tracks. i think a custom volume that tells the game that the ledge is grindable would be the easiest way to do it.

Comment

Oh ok, I'm still new to ut3. I don't know much about kismet. Thanks for your advice. You wouldn't happen to know a good kismet tutorial, would you?

Comment

sorry, i dont know anything specific, but the videos of the collectors edition cover basic kismet and matinee use. but i fear you might need to code the grinding.

Comment

****, I have the basic. I couldn't find the collectors edition. You'd think there would be a place you could watch online. >_<

Comment

Working...
                              X