Single Player Suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Player Suggestion

I would like to see a Single player campaign for UT that is a departure from what epic has been doing with their single player. Don't get me wrong I love the direction epic has going with the single player aspect of the campaign, but i think it would be fun to have a single player that wasn't just a series of multiplayer maps strung together with narrative but rather a more linear progression through envirornments with a larger end goal. Something similar to the way the Half Life series plays. But perhaps I'm just asking for Unreal 3. lol. I just like the UT universe better.

i agree, a more linear story would also make players feel like there acually playing the campaign and not just some instant action maps ineterjected with a few cutscenes.

Comment

i need boss battles! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Righteous_Slayer View Post
        i need boss battles! lol
        that would be awesome...specially with the Titan add-on out for the PS3[and maybe PC]....lol...use a giant Krall and a Colosseum thingy......boom...there goes your boss battle right?

Comment

yes! that's what I'm talking about. maybe like a chase scene where you have to run away from a giant krall on a hoverboard.

Comment

And maybe a some interesting objectives like in COD4's campaign. For instance, before the fight between you and Malcolm in the next UT, you could chase him through a city while trying to blast him to tiny pieces. (not the best example, but you get the idea)

Comment

A monsterhunt thing is kind of on its way I think.

Comment

@ Righteous_King and Superking17

Why not have a moment where Reaper fights his way through a swarm of Kralls in a slum and has to find a way to the exit where he encounters a titan krall...

Comment

So like Unreal 3? Cool...

Comment

Originally posted by KingKannibal View Post
                    @ Righteous_King and Superking17

Why not have a moment where Reaper fights his way through a swarm of Kralls in a slum and has to find a way to the exit where he encounters a titan krall...
                    Yeah, that would be cool. Maybe they could have a super Titan that is 60 feet tall as a boss and you could fight it with a raptor or manta.

Comment

A Monsterhunt type thing is kind of on its way so building a new campaighn should be possable.

Comment

Invasion anyone one? ^__^

Comment

. . . lol - that sounds like "Shadow of the Colossus" for PS2 if anybody knows!?

I think, it could also be a good mod come through, if somebody tries!? Or what did you think - giant colossus walkin the map and the player first must get a way up and then fight these giants on twice places until kill!?? Pretty cool i think!! (-And loved the game!-D)

But a singleplayermode with more storytelling campaign with endboss/es is a very good idea!!
                          I like the UT-Series, but a good singelplayermode is one of the aspects that has been absent to me!
                          . . . so, i will be there, if a beta comes out!!!

. . . zorry vor mei englisch, eim learning!-D

Comment

this may be taken out of context or start a flame war

but why not make some maps with objectives like assault, gathering intelligence, being cornered by krall, etc etc....

boss battles sound even better, imagine as a team taking down one titan, or a super powered titan - or does it sound like too much like WoW?

Comment

Working...
                            X