UT99 Assault Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT99 Assault Weapons

Here is a short video I made on the [ARC] UT99 server of some assault weapons I'd love to see made for UT3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pLUunYTCjg

Mmm the exploding arrow crossbow......

Wasn't that a "chaotic" weapon? Did they start on UT3?

So much fun in lowgrav.

Comment

I liked the crossbow so I started work on one.

Here's a YouTube video (processing at the time of posting but it might be done before anyone tries to view it).
      It still needs work but it's a crossbow that fires exploding darts so we're most of the way there.

Edit: Since posting I've added a scope to the model and to the coding, got it ingame and realised my scope mount on the model gets chopped through by the cocking handle so I'm gonna have to redo that.

Comment

I've worked on the model some more
        I managed to arrange the scope mount so it attaches to the rear magazine support so now it doesn't interfere with the cocking handle

Comment

Dude you are so awesome!! This looks amazing, great work.

Comment

Originally posted by JD8 View Post
            Dude you are so awesome!! This looks amazing, great work.
            indeed
            it'd be most excellent if you could (in good time) cook this for ps3.. but anyways good stuff (Again!!)

Comment

All of my future releases should have a PS3 version at some stage.
              I'll probably do an initial release on PC (Beta 1) and then do a second release (Beta 2) on both platforms, generally speaking I get a second release out fairly quickly after the first so the PS3 wouldn't be without it for long.

Comment

DazJW, with your other weapon and this one all you'd need is one or two more to make a weapons pack. Seriously though have you considered entering your weapons in the MSUC?

Also if you do consider making others I place my request for the BuniDuster, TUC gun, G11, Rebel Mac or any of the other ZARK type weapons you can think of as they were all pretty cool weapons.

Comment

There's a difference between a collection of individual weapons and a weapon set

Comment

Originally posted by Gofers View Post
                    Mmm the exploding arrow crossbow......

Wasn't that a "chaotic" weapon? Did they start on UT3?
                    Yea, ChaosUT xbow. Started on a UT3 version but stopped due to lack of players in UT3(at the time) and lack of fully available coders

Comment

Originally posted by DazJW View Post
                      There's a difference between a collection of individual weapons and a weapon set
                      Yes very true but I'm easy going and I'd be happy with anything new and shiney. Pack, set, conglomeration, it's all good to me...

You make em I'll use em.

Comment

(Deleted.)

Comment

well SOR-RY! my BAD! i'll DELETE IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blue_Team_Guy View Post
                            (Deleted.)
                            There, are you HAPPY!?!?

Comment

Just to keep people updated on the Bowgun (as I've decided to call it for no particular reason), I'm continuing to tweak the model in various places and I've made a configurable mutator for it.
                              I've been jumping all over trying to find a damage/speed/radius/etc combination I was happy with and when I found one it occurred to me other people might want something else from it entirely so I've made various things configurable. They are:

Bolt Speed (Slider) - The speed of the projectile, lower speed means you have to lead your targets more (absolute speed).
                              Bolt Damage (Slider) - The damage caused at the impact point of the bolt, spread out over the... (absolute damage points).
                              Damage Radius (Slider) - The radius that damage is spread across (absolute radius in Unreal Units).
                              Fire Interval (Slider) - The time between shots (multiples between 1 and 10 of 0.15 seconds).
                              Spread (Slider) - The inaccuracy of the weapon (multiples between 1 and 20 of 0.01, smaller number is more accurate).
                              Zoomed Target FOV (Slider) - The FOV that the weapon stops zooming at (absolute FOV between 10 and 80, smaller number is further zoom).
                              Infinite Ammo (Check Box) - Enable infinite ammo for the Bowgun.
                              Arena Mode (Check Box) - Remove all other weapon pickups.

So if you want 400 rounds per minute of instant explosive death you can have that, and if you want a 40 rounds per minute weapon that you need to lead your targets and hit them twice with you can have that too.

I'm going to look into having a weapon replacement box in the mutator too so you can replace weapon pickups within standard maps.
                              Unfortunately none of this will work on PS3 but I'll work something else out for that platform even if it's just my usual arena and spawn mutators.

Comment

Working...
                              X