Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by DazJW View Post
    I believe CoD has a complicated spawn system, and it quite often doesn't work properly (spawning you in the middle of several enemies, in front of a tank, in artillery, just generally places you don't want to be).
    It also means you get spawn camping at any place on the map, alot of the time on Roundhouse if a team is spawning half way around the outer circle of the yard the other team can sit in a tank and pummel the place they're spawning. As long as one person survives other people keep spawning there.
    And it means you can't stealthily flank on your own, you'll get people spawning with you and giving your position away.

While you might have found it cool watching someone play it I can assure you it's very, very annoying when you play the game alot.
    He speaks the truth!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If it gets to far into faction stats your working far to much with numbers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    call of duty 5 has tanks and artillery.. still no fun tho..

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Call of Duty has tanks and artillery? You sure you're not mixed up with Battlefield?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by A.Republican View Post
    2. Harpoon rifle. i have had this idea for awhile, it would fire a large spear or harpoon and that would pin enemies to walls for a couple of seconds, then the harpoon would disolve and the pined player could move again, the harpoon would do little damage it would just be good for getting an enemy away from you or the flag/orb carrier. it would make an exellent weapon in ctf or warfare i believe.
    also its power should double or even triple when in a water volume

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DazJW View Post
    I believe CoD has a complicated spawn system, and it quite often doesn't work properly (spawning you in the middle of several enemies, in front of a tank, in artillery, just generally places you don't want to be).
    It also means you get spawn camping at any place on the map, alot of the time on Roundhouse if a team is spawning half way around the outer circle of the yard the other team can sit in a tank and pummel the place they're spawning. As long as one person survives other people keep spawning there.
    And it means you can't stealthily flank on your own, you'll get people spawning with you and giving your position away.

While you might have found it cool watching someone play it I can assure you it's very, very annoying when you play the game alot.

You can already do the "faction themes" thing, set the other teams faction to anything other than random. Yours should automatically be the same as your player character.

Your gametype idea is pretty much just team deathmatch with a non-hud way of showing the score.
    I've never really played CoD that much but when you explain it that way it does sound like it could get a bit annoying

And i Know you can set one team against the other but i was referring to Factions having a unigue colors in team based game modes, instead of the iron guard being blue or red they would all be yellow and on one team, necris would all be black, ronin would be red, Etc.

and the game type i thought of is basically Team Deathmatch, except with team bases, vehicles, and turrets.

Leave a comment:

• replied

You can already do the "faction themes" thing, set the other teams faction to anything other than random. Yours should automatically be the same as your player character.

Your gametype idea is pretty much just team deathmatch with a non-hud way of showing the score.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    That's their fault for dying though

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also having players spawn close to their team mates would prevent people from spawning away from all the action.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by A.Republican View Post
    1. I was watching a friend of mine play some CoD(i'm pretty sure it was CoD) and he was playing a Team DM game, when a player would die he would spawn in close proximity to another person from his team making for interesting gameplay. the other team was using a barn as a fortess and when one would die they would spawn near their teammates in the barn. they all got killed by my friends tank soon , anyways if this could be ported over to UT3 as a mutator i think it would be pretty fun, teams would be constantly finding and moving to new areas and bases on the map. large assymetrical DM style maps would work well for this.

2. Harpoon rifle. i have had this idea for awhile, it would fire a large spear or harpoon and that would pin enemies to walls for a couple of seconds, then the harpoon would disolve and the pined player could move again, the harpoon would do little damage it would just be good for getting an enemy away from you or the flag/orb carrier. it would make an exellent weapon in ctf or warfare i believe.

3. Faction Teams. instead of having a red and blue team made up of bots from ultiple factions teams would be amde up of members from one faction, for instance team 1 is iron Guard vs team 2 whch is ronin. each faction in the game has distinct colors aswell so telling friend from foe wouldn't be that hard.

4. RACIAL BONUSES! one of my favorite things from previous UT games was the abailities you got from being from different factions. it would probably have to be a mutator. liandri could get their old bonuses like jumping really far and 110 health. necris would be fast with less health, krall could have more health and idk about the other 2 factions.

5. game type i thought of while playing warfare was a gametype called attrition. attrition would be set on a symetrical map with two bases that are very close to each other, similer to Facing Worlds. a blue floating orb would be above the blue base and red orb for the red base. the more kills you get the closer the enemy orb moves to your base. the more you die the more their orb moves back to their base. getting enough kills while avoiding deaths to get the enemy orb to go over your base would be the goal.

those are just some ideas i cooked up in my head, tell me what you think.
    also i have a cousin coming down from Memphis this weekend and he is going to help me try to make the Harpoon Gun thing, he's much better at the editor and unrealscript than i am.
    So preatty much treat pawns as player starts? a little modification, but say 3 pawns exist in relitive proximity to one another, spawn a player of same team between them (triangulate location) then check that its not taken (by BSP/Mesh/Player)

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Some more Ideas

Some more Ideas

1. I was watching a friend of mine play some CoD(i'm pretty sure it was CoD) and he was playing a Team DM game, when a player would die he would spawn in close proximity to another person from his team making for interesting gameplay. the other team was using a barn as a fortess and when one would die they would spawn near their teammates in the barn. they all got killed by my friends tank soon , anyways if this could be ported over to UT3 as a mutator i think it would be pretty fun, teams would be constantly finding and moving to new areas and bases on the map. large assymetrical DM style maps would work well for this.

3. Faction Teams. instead of having a red and blue team made up of bots from ultiple factions teams would be amde up of members from one faction, for instance team 1 is iron Guard vs team 2 whch is ronin. each faction in the game has distinct colors aswell so telling friend from foe wouldn't be that hard.

4. RACIAL BONUSES! one of my favorite things from previous UT games was the abailities you got from being from different factions. it would probably have to be a mutator. liandri could get their old bonuses like jumping really far and 110 health. necris would be fast with less health, krall could have more health and idk about the other 2 factions.

5. game type i thought of while playing warfare was a gametype called attrition. attrition would be set on a symetrical map with two bases that are very close to each other, similer to Facing Worlds. a blue floating orb would be above the blue base and red orb for the red base. the more kills you get the closer the enemy orb moves to your base. the more you die the more their orb moves back to their base. getting enough kills while avoiding deaths to get the enemy orb to go over your base would be the goal.

those are just some ideas i cooked up in my head, tell me what you think.
    also i have a cousin coming down from Memphis this weekend and he is going to help me try to make the Harpoon Gun thing, he's much better at the editor and unrealscript than i am.
Working...
X