UT3 Map/Theme Idea - 40k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Map/Theme Idea - 40k

Right now I only have access to a few Warhammer characters for UT3, but I do have an idea for a map or theme that I think would be interesting.

Environment - Wasteland city (similar to Heat Ray), but futuristic to fit the 41st Millennium theme (can provide examples)

Vehicles - Axon and Necris vehicles would be replaced by 'Imperial' and 'Chaos vehicles:
    Imperial Vehicles:
    -Predator (reskinned Goliath)
    -Land Speeder (reskinned Raptor)
    -Whirlwind (reskinned SPMA)

Chaos Vehicles:
    -Defiler (could possibly reskin the Darkwalker, but secondary weapon would be replaced by a form of flamethrower
    -Dreadnought (would have to be done from scratch, weapons would include a stronger variant of a Stinger and an anti-vehicle variant of a Shock Rifle)
    -Chaos Bikes (would be done from scratch, fixed stinger (meaning it can only fire in the direction of the bike) as main weapon, no secondary weapon but right click would provide a speed boost. Headshots would be instant kill as its an open-topped vehicle)

Weapons:
    Avril - No change
    Enforcer - Reskinned Version
    Link Gun - Reskinned Version
    Rocket Launcher - Reskinned Version (on farthest shoulder)
    Translocator - No change
    Flak Cannon - Reskinned Version
    Bio Rifle - No change
    Redeemer - No change
    Shock Rifle - Reskinned Version
    Sniper Rifle - No change
    Stinger - Reskinned Version
    Impact Hammer - No change

I believe that's about it for map ideas, because characters would be a completely different section. If anyone is interested I can provide more details and ideas for this themed map idea

Have you looked here:
    http://ut40k.planetunreal.gamespy.com/

Comment

just did now, but nothing can be downloaded without a paying membership, because all of the files are hosted on FilePlanet :/

edit - nevermind, i found the free register, but it wont let me register because it keeps coming up with a 'bad request' error

Comment

Those particular 40K vehicles and weapons are fairly conventional. Reskinning them would be 90% of the work. Might as well go the extra mile and tweak the stuff a bit. Like making bolter bolts explode.

The 40K rocket launcher is much closer to the AVRiL than the Unreal Rocket Launcher; a single-shot hard-hitting anti-vehicle weapon.

Comment

Actually, nearly every missile launcher in 40K is dual-mode; one mode is a high impact anti-tank missile, like the AVRiL, but not necessarily homing, and the other mode is a bursting fragmentation round for taking out groups of lightly armoured infantry.

I think if you gave the AT mode near-instant lock-on like the AVRiL but made the missile itself less agile and removed the need to keep on target with the RMB, you could replace the secondary fire with the frag missile that basically turns it into a homing flak shell...

Comment

true. You could also remodel the AVRiL to be a Krak missile launcher for anti-armour, and use the UT Rocket Launcher as a Frag missile launcher (though then that's almost most likely mean that they'd share the exact same skins, unless you consider completely redoing the UT Rocket Launcher and make it into a melta weapon...

and how big are the Titans in the UT expansion (size wise)? I was considering the idea of a Warhound Titan for the expansion, but i can't even get a map to load right now due to crashing errors, and it'll probably be awhile before i can get the expansion due to the size.

Comment

Even the Behemoth (size after "titan" in the Titan mut) would barely come up to a Warhound's waist.

Comment

actually i think one could make one the height of a DarkWalker, because comparing the model to a Land Raider tank is already a similar size estimation for a Darkwalker and Goliath. Of course you couldn't redesign an Emperor Battle Titan though, because the actual model is about 6 feet tall (which is what I'm looking to build after my warhound)

Comment

interesting idea's, @redterror117 if you register on our forum you become a beta tester for our UT3 version (free download)

ps most was done in our UT2004 version, it's just taking a lot longer this time around

Comment

geo: got it downloaded and extracted, cant figure out how to install it though :/ checked UT40k forums but i couldn't get the answer

edit - finally got the Titan expansion to work. I originally thought that 'titans' were larger vehicles, not character changes. A miniature warhound version of a titan though would be an interesting concept

Comment

just unpack it and the copy/paste so that the folder set up looks like this
                      C:\Users\GeoDav\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UT40k\Published

then make a copy of your UT3 shortcut (desktop) and change the subject line to read something like this "F:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3 (LG)\Binaries\UT3.exe" -mod=..\UT40k -solomod

it's the -mod=..\UT40k -solomod thats important then start the game and choose a character, when you start a UT40k gametype you'll have to select the UT40k mutators as well

Comment

there's no published folder after Unreal Tournament 3. Would I just make a Published folder in UT40k, or do i dump the folder into UT Game/Published?

Comment

My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\WhereverYouLike\

Comment

thanks, ill try it when i get a chance
                            btw, just came up with another idea: Tyranid-themed Infestation (where the 'infected' are distinguished as a zombie normally, but in this case it could be a genestealer, and if you're killed by the infected, you become one)

edit: tried My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\ and it didnt work. Should it go in CookedPC?

Comment

no do it as i said so that it looks like Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UT40k\Published

just find your Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\ and paste the UT40k folder into it

Comment

Working...
                              X