The Titan Craze Mutator Pack: WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Titan Craze Mutator Pack: WIP

I was wandering about whether I should try and write a few addon mutators to the current titan one.

Heres a plan, perhaps anyone has some better suggestions:

List of Crazey Titan mutators:

1. Adds link gun to titan inventory. Completed

2. Darkwalker gun only. Postponed, problems with emmiter

3. Vehicle like Titan, faster when going in straight line, has goliath and shock weapon. completed

4. Titans are practically invulnerable, but die like behemoths after 30 seconds, becoming behemoth expands time.

5. Titan actually makes player 75% normal size whilst behemoth is 50% normal size, but with less gravity and move faster Completed

6. Titans have instagib rifles.

7. Low grav titans (Both now part of miniature titan mutator)

8. Titans are normal players but can fly and only have the super shock rifle.

10. When titan player becomes twice as healthy(?) as normal titan, but only has an insta kill 2x behometh mellee!!! And has a dark black ambient glow. Behemoth is just invulnerable

11. All players are titans but no camera change or glow etc and only weapons link and enforcer.

12. No melee or homing rocket Titan.

13. Golems: Titans are made of stone, behemoths steel, resulting in huge health increase but only has melee. Completed

14. Avatar(WH40K): Titans have lava / rock texture on them, have fiery ground pound as only attack, behemoths just bigger avatar.

Recent Additions:

15. Fire breathing titan / flamethrower Titan!!! (May be merged with Avatar)

16. Anti Titan Laser Assimilation System (ATLAS) Basically redeemer replacing anti titan and behemoth rail gun (reskinned shock)!
    From mrbiggbrain
    - Turns on/off Titan exsplosions (DONE)
    - Turns on/off Gibbing from Titan exsplosions (DONE)
    - Modifies Damage done by Titan Exsplosion
    - Modifies Range of Titan Exsplosion
    - Modifies number of pulses (beeps) before titan exsplodes.
    - Other Options, changes, modifications

Originally posted by marilol View Post
    I was wandering about whether I should try and write a few addon mutators to the current titan one.

Heres a drafter plan, perhaps anyone has some better suggestions:
    Yeah, in the other thread... Anyway, this would be more or less my 'ideal' Titan:

-No glow fx around the player model or on weapon
    -No semi-3rd person view when you turn Titan
    -Can use jump pads
    -Can jump twice as high as regular player
    -Armed with Enforcer and Link gun (which both do, say, 30% more damage)

+ a mut that permanently turns everyone on red and/or blue team into the above Titan type. They spawn & respawn as Titans, never as regular players. Basically I want to fight giants, but not ridiculously overpowered glowing giants that will serial rape you with homing rockets and overclocked shock rifles.

From your own list I especially like 1-3 (obviously),5 & 7. Low grav dwarfs / giants floating all over the place would be funny as hell.

Comment

Yeah, in the other thread...
      Sorry, didn't any other thread about titan mutators.
      Perhaps I could look into your idea as number 11. thing is I havent dealt much with camera's yet.

Wait, lol, I even posted in your thead

Comment

What I would like is a mutator that removes the shokwave stomp attack, and replaces the homing rockets with regular rockets.

I also like the idea to give the titan the Dark Walker gun.

Comment

Originally posted by Remus View Post
          What I would like is a mutator that removes the shokwave stomp attack, and replaces the homing rockets with regular rockets.

I also like the idea to give the titan the Dark Walker gun.
          K, i'll attempt your idea, from what ive seen it shouldn't be too hard to stop. I'm now adding them under another heading.

Finished link gun, almost finished darkwalker (hopefully done this evening) Updated first post to be easier to understand.

Finished the Minature Titans mutator, merged with instagib and low grab, otherwise boring, jus tweaking here n there.

Comment

Why not make alot of this stuff into one big configureable mutator? So people can alter it much more and end up with all sorts of conbinations.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
              Why not make alot of this stuff into one big configureable mutator? So people can alter it much more and end up with all sorts of conbinations.
              That's a good idea only it will take more work to make the configuration interface...

I just had another idea. When a titan jumps from a big height, on impact you get the shockwave effect.

Comment

Avatars! nice! now grab yourself an animator and add another melee move or two! hell maybe make one with only melee moves! Here is one or two simple ideas for one!

- Aerial ground pound: Like the current ground pound but can be activated in the air. It would use the titans feet for a shock wave when it lands then have a follow up shock wave using his regular ground pound. Sort of a combo ground pound shock wave.

- Sonic Clap: Think the incredible hulk, if its used on a titan with no weapons it could have a chance of knocking peoples weapons out of their hands. (that they could pick up)

- The list goes on!

When a titan jumps from a big height, on impact you get the shockwave effect.
                get out of my head! ahh!

Comment

Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
                  Yeah, that's more or less what I suggested in the original thread...

That's a good idea only it will take more work to make the configuration interface...
                  Indeed, could be pretty labor intensive... Being able to mix & match one's own Titan experience instead of having to choose from a few fixed types would certainly increase the appeal of this mut, though.

I just had another idea. When a titan jumps from a big height, on impact you get the shockwave effect.
                  Good one. Maybe the shockwave should be a little smaller than with the ground pound, though?

Comment

Indeed, could be pretty labor intensive... Being able to mix & match one's own Titan experience instead of having to choose from a few fixed types would certainly increase the appeal of this mut, though.
                    Nail on the head, unfortunately i'm not nearly as good as some coders out there, and although there are tutorials i've read I really don't have the time right now for configurable, maybe later after exams though.

Aerial ground pound: Like the current ground pound but can be activated in the air. It would use the titans feet for a shock wave when it lands then have a follow up shock wave using his regular ground pound. Sort of a combo ground pound shock wave.
                    Could be cool, if I can get this dammed darkwalker beam to spawn then I might be able to look at adding more to the list.
                    When a titan jumps from a big height, on impact you get the shockwave effect.
                    see above, but this is also pretty cool.

Progress report:

Apart from the beam affect spawning the darkwalker gun works. Also I have started on the cannon, hopefully both that and the dw be finished by tomorrow.

Finished the link gun titan and miniature, low grav instagib titan mutator, its pretty funny to see mini players nailing people

Had another idea, how about a sort of gametype modifier addition. Team deathmatch but when players become a titan they can only use melee, but have are partially invisible (distortion affect) and on another team. All titans are on the same team, and are supposedly beasts which kill everything:

Beast: Titans are on 3rd team, when in titan mode players are partially invisible, faster and larger but only have melee attack. When they die they go back to the correct team.

Comment

If/when you get the darkwalker beams to spawn properly, could you make them spawn from the titan's eye-sockets please?

Because eye-lasers are cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Rose View Post
                        Because eye-lasers are cool.

Comment

Speaking of cool things, do you know if it's possible to have a system where the Titans use a completely different model than the base player?

I was thinking specifically of having a Bruce Banner player model running around the hulking out when you hit the "r" key, but I have no doubt that other creative types will be able to find a use for such a feature....

Comment

Something similar to the "big head" mutator, except the whole guy changes. Better=Smaller
                            Worse=Bigger

Comment

Oh yeah, another variant titan, only this time for actually getting titanhood; instead of gaining "titan points" for certain actions, you gain health equal to the amount of damage you do, no upper limit, then when you reach the appropriate thresholds you can transform into the titan/behemoth, only there's a catch: In Titan/Behemoth mode, your attacks drain health instead of sucking it up, but at a quarter the rate you dish it out (or something like that), until you drop below the "normal" level for the one below where you are, at which point you automatically revert.

So, if you normally start at 100 you can convert to a Titan at 300 or a behemoth at 600 then you revert to t titan from a behemoth if you dip back below 300 and all the way back down to regular size (w/vampire damage) once you drop back below 100.

Comment

Working...
                              X