Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Server Change map /profile when empty!

Server Restart when empty!

will all these game profiles we could do with a way/mutator that reboots the server when empty. Back to your boot profile

would be great as some Custom maps can empty the server and then no one joins

I'm sure lots would use it and I would off thought easy to do for some folk!

Bump ........ no able to do this little job

Comment

I agree with this idea completly! Please someone make this mutator.

Comment

I am suprised no one has made this mutator, it's a must have mutator if ever there was one.

Comment

Thought we may have had someone by know

Just changed the title - to change map/gameprofile - same idea different angle

Comment

Bumppy Bumppy Bumppy

Comment

I haven't run a dedicated server, and have no idea how to.
              I have got something that's supposed to disconnect after 20 secs with no players(not counting spectator or bots).
              So I'll post it here, and if you want to test it, go for it. And obviously let me that(if) it doesn't work.
              Edit: removed the mutator, since it's not ready for prime time yet.

Comment

Wow Malachor this stuff comes easy to you huh. Couple of quick questions before I give it a go. Does this only restart the server once when there is no real player or does it keep restarting as long as no one is there? Also I am currently using Mutator Loader so that my server will show online even though each gameprofile exceeds the 4 mutator limit. Should I run this mutator on each gameprofile or should I run it from the command line?

Comment

not working

Comment

Actually, it doesn't come easy to me
                    I should have said that it was more an alpha build.
                    So I'm not really surprised it doesn't work at this stage.
                    Ok, I'll need to find out how to run a dedicated server, or would I? If I change it to work on a standalone machine, botmatch sort of thing, I can probably get it working for a server eventually.
                    I'll see how I go over the next couple of days, don't worry if I don't post until next week though. But, hopefully it won't take that long.

Comment

np m8 - glad you took up the challenge - away myself for a couple off weeks anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Malachor View Post
                        Actually, it doesn't come easy to me
                        I should have said that it was more an alpha build.
                        So I'm not really surprised it doesn't work at this stage.
                        Ok, I'll need to find out how to run a dedicated server, or would I? If I change it to work on a standalone machine, botmatch sort of thing, I can probably get it working for a server eventually.
                        I'll see how I go over the next couple of days, don't worry if I don't post until next week though. But, hopefully it won't take that long.
                        No rush, it's just good that someone is willing to try and make this happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeus... View Post
                          Server Restart when empty!

will all these game profiles we could do with a way/mutator that reboots the server when empty. Back to your boot profile

would be great as some Custom maps can empty the server and then no one joins

I'm sure lots would use it and I would off thought easy to do for some folk!
                          Ok, I'd like some clarification about what is meant by "boot profile".
                          As much info as you can provide.
                          Actually, is what you want similar to what this person is asking about?
                          http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=451918

Comment

how about a ps3 one that would be nice i hate the tags is so infant!

Comment

Originally posted by Malachor View Post
                              Ok, I'd like some clarification about what is meant by "boot profile".
                              As much info as you can provide.
                              Actually, is what you want similar to what this person is asking about?
                              http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=451918
                              I think he's just refering to the default setup. For instance I admin a server that has several different votable gametypes but our default command line gametype is DM. The new MapLists.ini contains profiles for each gametype on the server and I'm guessing that any mutator that would automatically load the default setup would probably need to use one of those profiles. I'm also thinking that Mutator Loader might be a good program to look at for ideas on doing this but then I'm not a coder so it's just a hunch.

Comment

Working...
                              X