BloodRayne proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BloodRayne proposal

I'm interested in doing a sequel story using the Unreal 3 engine. I've got some familiarity with Unreal script, experience producing animations freehand, and minor non-Unreal experience with mapping. I have a rough story draft that rests firmly on canon, but is good enough to stand on its own if all the names were changed.

This would be an ensemble-based story, for many gameplay and plot reasons. As of the end of Bloodrayne 2, Rayne had beaten her nemesis, so it's not such a personal story anymore, and war was beginning, so it personally involves a much wider group of people, vampires, dhampirs, mortals 'in the know' such as Brimstone, and others with various affiliations or non-affiliated motives. This avoids the need to contrive reasons why Rayne would be stripped of acquired power to play the lone warrior again, and it's consistent with her leadership intent at the end of Bloodrayne 2.

Though Rayne would not be the player character at all times, the alternative characters should share the same gameplay style down to basic movement timings and distances, target-locking, etc, so that it's easy for the player to make the switch into another character and concentrate on the differences unique to each.

"This would be an ensemble-based story"
    Please explain, I've never heard the term before.

Comment

Looks like big singleplayer mod. They all have 2 things in common: lots of work with singleplayer levels, and second never get finished because of how huge they are.

My advice is start small, do not jump on whole singleplayer game type of project. Cut it into pieces, for eg:

First make Rayne model and script acrobatics, gameplay and fighting. Make either small arena map or kind of logic puzzle without a story. Release this as beta, get some attention, and make mod team.

When you have few coders, artists, and level designers, make short first chapter story, maybe intro story get it released.

And get permission from Majestic to use their IP in mod.

Comment

Originally posted by Malachor View Post
        "This would be an ensemble-based story"
        Please explain, I've never heard the term before.
        I mean the player would play a cast of characters rather than one single protagonist. I suppose the nearest FPS example would be Rainbow Six.

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
        First make Rayne model and script acrobatics, gameplay and fighting. Make either small arena map or kind of logic puzzle without a story. Release this as beta, get some attention, and make mod team.
        Ah, the reason I don't list modeling and texturing as my talents is because they're not; this is why I'm requesting help. The acrobatics I can do though, and I'll try to put together a machinima short as a demo.

Originally posted by Nawrot View Post
        And get permission from Majestic to use their IP in mod.
        I'd do that as a courtesy, but it's not really necessary. Making a non-commercial mod that doesn't use any of their files is fair use.

Comment

Working...
        X