Community campaign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Community campaign?

I think it would be awesome if we could put together some of the maps the community has made here and make a campaign. Anyone interested? I am just putting the idea out, I don't want to organize all of this, but if anyone would be willing to put this together that would be great.

Can anyone tell me how to put your own maps in the campaign?

Can you make a whole new campaign (like, in the menu) or do you have to replace the existing one?

Comment

Making a new campaign seems to require some non-trivial modding... at least, depending on how you set it up.

Epic made the mistake of setting up semi-elaborate "story paths" where a certain decision would affect the matches you'd play in the future. However, since no information whatsoever is given before you decide, it seems totally random anyway.

I wouldn't bother investigating the potential of community maps until you have made a custom "campaign" with at least two maps in it. Horse in front of the cart and all that.

Comment

Were you talking to me or him?

Comment

Someone should setup a single player campaign that's more level progression oriented like Unreal/Unreal 2: The Awakening and just use the videos from the actual campaign and audio clips from the campaign for the story. Would be fun to play through. Co-op should be kept too.

Comment

Originally posted by Superking17 View Post
            Were you talking to me or him?
            You. "Putting an idea out" is not going anywhere unless you are prepared to do most of the work yourself.

Comment

Well, it is called 'Mod request/ idea sharing'. But I guess this would be more interesting for me if I did this. I'll think about doing this after I finish my current project.

Comment

Working...
              X