Lighting Blade [Working Progress]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lighting Blade [Working Progress]

Well I've always wanted some melee weapon such as a sword and I though I should work on one....

I have a drawing of how it looks done:
    [shot]http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb41/Guardian_Angel_666/CIMG1959.jpg[/shot]yeah I have bad hand writing...

The lighting blade is a sword that has two sides one side is the blade itself and is carbon steel, the other side of the blade is the lighting itself of course it is a very slow attack but you can also hold it.

The longer you hold it the more damage it causes, but there is a limit on how long you can hold it and once you get to that limit it is an instant kill when you hit your enemy.

I still have no description made for it but you could consider this a necris weapon for its look. I can make the model for it which i'm working on. but the only issue stopping me from making the weapon is I don't have UT3 for PC I still need to buy it and also I am a far off newbie on coding still learning, but whoever really likes this idea can take my work and finish it.

Hope someone wishes to work on this would love to see this wep. even if it only plays on pc for the moment...

Well I'll update it as soon as I get the model done....and until someone decides to work on this...hopefully...

Looks fun. Melee weapons can be hard to code well, but you should be able to create something based on the Impact Hammer without too much trouble, even as a novice coder.

Also, the 1000V you have noted on the sketch is actually a rather low voltage. Assuming the blade is about 1m long, to cause the air between the electrodes to break down would take about 3 000 000 volts (3MV). For comparison, a Taser might use 50 000V.

Comment

yeah guess your right on the voltage part i just pretty much just put random numbers...
      and i'll try the impact hammer should work as soon as i get the game at least... :/

thanks for the tips

Comment

I suggest you don't fall into same the trap many people fall into, which goes as follows:
        1. Think of something cool.
        2. Spend 5 hours on cool concept art.
        3. Spend 5 days on a cool model.
        4. Fail to get the thing into the game.
        5. Abort.
        A safer approach would be as follows:
        1. Think of something cool.
        2. Spend 5 minutes on a super-basic model.
        3. Get the thing into the game.
        4. Spend 5 hours on cool concept art.
        5. Spend 5 days on a cool model.
        6. Update the working version with the cool model.

Comment

cool thanks for heads up....still working on model at moment...

Comment

cool! im waiting for this!

Comment

sounds like an awesome idea

Comment

man it'll be a long wait since if you haven't read my entire first post i don't have ut3 for the pc and at moment have no cash but i'm finishing up on the model and it'll be an unknown amount of wait until i get my hands on ut3...i only have ps3 version..
                but i will keep working on this and maybe if someone can help me get it up on their ut if your a mod and test it...that would be nice

but i'm glad people like the idea

Comment

I am glad to read it here.

Comment

Ive been craving a sword on UT3 for ages. This 1 must get finished
                    Would love 2 see a katana or somthing, or better, a light saber

Comment

dude, send me the model when your done and i will attempt to get it working, i love the idea of this mod, and will be making a melee weapon for my mod anyway so the code i make for this is useful to me.

happy happy ^_^

Comment

It's Not the voltage that can kill you, It's the Amperage. It only takes 200 milliAmps to stop your heart, Something along the lines of 200 TeraAmps would probly vaporize you.

Comment

srsly dude... he's already said it was a random number.

Comment

Nice concept, cant wait to see the finished design.

Comment

Working...
                            X