Dead Space Weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dead Space Weapons

Can someone with Unreal modding experience make a contact beam, ripper, a flamethrower, (and a suggestion by me) a landmine gun for PS3...
    If you take my idea and make these weapons...It'd be greatly appreciated

Very cool idea , dead space guns would be sweet in the unreal tournament world.

Comment

Could you describe, or provide a link or 2 of, these weapons, mainly the contact beam, and ripper? I guess the dead space ripper isn't the same as the UT ripper?

Comment

The contact beam is a build up a charge and release it weapon, the ripper fires a circular saw blade (not dissimilar to the UT one actually) but you can hold it in mid air and use it like a remote operated saw.

Comment

Ohh and the alt. fires the contact beam makes like a radial explosion at your feet and damages anyone within it's vicinity and the ripper's alt. fire just fires out a saw like a normal projectile

Whoever is considering these mods can they make them for the PS3

Comment

I think the Assault Rifle with the 360 shoot mode would be sweet, too. Just think about it, if you press altfire the game goes third person view and shows you the gun firing everywhere above your head.

Comment

A couple of problems I can see with the assault rifle:
              1) How many people do you think you'd hit with that?
              2) With my little knowledge of modding, my head hurts thinking of it. Third person view when you alt fire, I think could be doable; the weapon rotating above your head, could be doable. But I'm not sure third person view, weapon and player arm rotating above head (or whole player body spinning) would be doable.

Don't forget, UT3 is primarily a first person view game, whereas Dead space seems to be an over the shoulder third person game. This means that the effects designed for dead space aren't designed to be done in UT3. In UT3 you can change the first person arm animations since they're separate to the player model, but if you wanted the third person view shooting animations, it would probably require adding animations to all of the skeletons, even models with custom skeletons. I don't know for sure, I've never tried modeling a player model.

Not to knock your idea, it does sound good. However there are limits to what can be done easily, or feasibly. If it would take too much time for little benefit, then it probably wouldn't be worth doing. And for 1 weapon, I'm not sure it would be feasible.

I mean an alternative to third person, would be a first person spin your view while shooting. Yeah you don't see the character spin (or whatever (s)he does), but you get the same game effect.
              So basically, as I understand it, you're stopped while you fire, you may hit a few things(in UT3. Maybe you'd hit more in dead space), but you can be atttacked a bit easier since you're not moving. If I'm wrong about this, let me know.

If my previous comment is true then I'm not even sure it's worth doing at all. From a gameplay point of view, the drawbacks in UT3 would outweigh the benefits, since the only benefit I can see is "How cool is that. I just saw this guy spin on the spot shooting at noone, then I killed him." Especially if you're aiming diagonally upwards, rather than horizontally.
              But maybe I'm just too cynical.

Comment

Dang well there goes the possibility of the pulse rifle lolz. What about all the other guns? That seems doable...

Comment

Looks like I was wrong. Nothing new there it seems
                  Actually, I just was shown the assault rifle in action, and it wasn't what I thought it was.
                  Which is good.
                  I was under the impression that either the player model would swing the weapon around in a wild uncontrolled burst, or the whole model would turn, when instead, the weapon itself does the work.
                  As the weapon is pointed straight upwards, the 3(?) barrels bend/pivot so they point horizontally, and fire and spin.
                  At the moment, nothing that has been described seems to be unfeasible.
                  Except the assault rifle going into third person view and the character's arm holding the weapon up so that it can shoot in 360 degrees.
                  I'm fairly sure it could be done in first person view though.

Comment

can anyone make these weapons as a mod for the PS3? Jus msg me if you are taking these ideas into consideration

Comment

Shooting in 360 degrees means one bullet every 12 degrees, assuming you have the traditional 30 bullet clip. That's at most 8 bullets on the visible area of your screen, from left to right. So unless either the rifle does not have to be reloaded and can refire really fast, or one bullet does a ton of damage, I don't see this being particularly worthwhile. You'd hit with one, maybe two bullets.

Comment

It doesn't need to be reloaded and is a fast repeater.
                        Fire uses 2 ammo per shot. I can't tell how many bullets it's firing since they're all at the same point with very little spread. Probably 3 bullets because it has 3 barrels.

AltFire is basically the same as the minigun, but firing 3 shots (since 3 barrels) per ammo, and high rate of fire.
                        The camera moves back a bit, to show what's happening, and the character crouches a bit so that each shot looks to be about chest height with some small amount of spread up and down.
                        And it chews through ammo like nobody's business.
                        The main problem, is that from what I've seen of the game 1st chapter, it's not going to get used as much as Fire would be.
                        It would be useful if you were getting surrounded by a fair few opponents, but I can't see that happening that often.

As a side note, I played through the first chapter, but I probably won't be playing any more of it. I thought gears' over the shoulder cam was bad when I tried it ages ago, but I think this is worse. I'm playing at 1920 by 1200, and I'm feeling very cramped by what I can(and can't) see. I'd hate to play it on a smaller resolution. And it's to the right a bit, up a bit, back a bit, so going around left turns you can see further, but not to the right. Right mouse button to "aim", then left to fire, or space to altfire?! Left mouse button normally swings the weapon you're using, and space stomps. And the weapons look needlessly complicated I keep thinking of things I dislike, so I'll stop now/vent]

As another side note, and it hasn't been mentioned, dead space was made and published by EA, so I'm not sure that any of the dead space weapons would be allowed to be reproduced.

Comment

you could just make weapons "inspired" by dead space, tweak a thing here and there and what not.

oh btw I like the idea of a flamethrower, Ut could use something like that, maybe make the alt fire fire off the whole canister at someone and cause a explosion that would be equal to 3 loaded rockets?

Comment

Working...
                          X