Lancer in UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lancer in UT3?

Okay, well ever since I got unreal tournament 3 for the ps3 and then got the mod ACTIONCAM. I was amazed to know how similar it was to gears of war. Truly I was amazed. Though what I seem to wonder is why dont you add the lancer in the game or create a mod for it. I believe if you chainsaw someone in the game, many ps3 gamers would buy this game or play it if they have already puchased it.

I believe it would make the game very interesting, since ps3 really doesnt experience that much gore. Plus due to how fast pace the game is, it would be very hard to chainsaw someone. So that would make the gamer want to do it more often.

To make this a mod, many people would download it and be very happy to see this as they play. I truly would. Although if this is to be created I would understand if the gun was called a diffrent name.

Though that all depends on who creates it.

That is all I can say...

-Brian

It'll take not time at all to put the model ingame in place of another weapon, but I don't think anyone cares enough to code the chainsaw as a secondary fire, the reload stuff, the switching to third person when you chainsaw kill (there'd be no point doing it if you can't see it). And I don't know if you'd be able to add a full body animation for killing/getting killed with a chainsaw.

Comment

The animation for the person getting chainsawed wouldn't be that hard just have them kinda fall apart.
      The animation for the person doing the cainsawing would be the hard one.

Comment

I think they'd both be hard.
        The first: as far as I've looked only the head has been designed to be removed, ala headshots. You could probably do what the linkgun does, and substitute the current model with another more suitable model, but then you have to consider the different models(even just factions), just counting stock, not custom models.
        Because the linkgun produces a skeleton, it doesn't matter, except in the case of the robots, what it looks like. Whereas, cutting a body in half(is that what it does?) would still have identifying markers regarding the faction, if not the specific model itself.
        And can you modify the models in gears of war like you can in UT3? Change the shoulder pads, etc?
        For the 2nd: you'd have to modify the existing model/skeleton(bones) animations.

I honestly don't think the effort required would return much benefit. Because you know people would complain about it if it wasn't exactly the same as in gears of war.
        Call me cynical

If you want gore see if the gibalicious mod has been cooked for the ps3.

Comment

If i knew how to code i would most def give it a shot! i mean most ppl gone complain either way but for da few who are jus happy to see da lancer in game, well dat would b enuff for me too continue to perfect it!

Comment

Good point.

So why not learn how to code, there seems to be a distinct lack of coders around, and you'er interested in this weapon.

Comment

hmm... where would i began to look to learn how to code? And is dis a project dat may b to heavy for a 1st time coder who hasnt evn gotten da basics down?

Comment

check out 3dBuzz: http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/sv_home.php
                They have a couple of script video tutorials, but you may need to register to see them, since they're streaming videos.
                Moddb as well have a few: http://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-to...nt-3/tutorials
                And also check out unreal wiki: http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/

Comment

Thank u kindly sir!!!

Comment

I say you give it a shot Cels, I'd be willing to help out as well even though the only thing im good at is flash animation and photoshop, lol I guess I could do some type of texture work. Even though I think the lancer can be ripped from GEOW.

Comment

I don't know that that is permitted, seriously I don't. You may want to check first.

Comment

There are various GoW characters in UT3 aswell as big package of map assets from GoW converted to UT3 that's floating around somewhere.

Comment

GOW weapons was ripped once by someone long time ago, but I haven't heard of or seen them ever again. Btw EPIC won't mind if you rip some stuff from GOW and put it in the Unreal Engine 3. Just as long as you don't take credit for creating it and keep it within their games.

Comment

Someone on Evil Engine's site was doing a GoW shotgun but I haven't seen any others.
                            I've got the shotgun as a model swap with the Flak Cannon, looks quite good with EE's characters on CTF-Imulsion and Action Cam.

Comment

Working...
                            X