Request: 1st Person bones and Skined Arm Model for 3dsmax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: 1st Person bones and Skined Arm Model for 3dsmax

K I need some help with a little problem I been having when creating guns. Even though I can animate the gun just fine, I am having the hardest time trying to animate the hands without a base mesh for it.

I am a horrible character rigger and Am wondering if anyone has a 3DS Max file (2008 or 2009) of the first person arms and bones. The one from UDN doesnt have a mesh at all so animating a rig is really animating blind if you would.

Could anyone post a downloadable link to a zip or something where I can get just some plain arms to animate for the first person view? I dont need a good model or even a texture. As long as I can work with the rig and see more of less what each bone does to the mesh I will be apreciated very much.

Thanks for the time,

Ace

Can't you like, merge the model for your weapon and use that to animate around?

Comment

unfortunetly no, I can make a a first person arm mesh but if I merge them to my gun mesh, it means that the arm mesh will be the same for everyone, besides I would have to join both the arm rig and the gun rig together. I just need a set of arms to animate with the gun so that I can have people with different characters use their own 1st person arm mesh. Unfortunetly UDN has given us a very unuseful file to work with

Anyone mind sharing a set of arms to animate?

Comment

you could steel the arms from the UT3 male model.
        just a suggestion.

Comment

problem is that even if i managed to export the arm mesh from the editor, it would still not be rigged to the arm rig that udn has given to public. I am most likely though give up on the idea and create my own 1st person arm mesh for the character and gun animations. Its a shame no one wants to share a model so that I could release my guns to the public...

Comment

how about these arms i found these awhile back on the net if you think you can use them send me a pm these arms are in 3ds format

also you can talk to DazJW about how he got the arms to work with the gun http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...3#post25952033

Comment

if those arms are rigged to the default bone structure UDN gives you that would be awsome, I just really need it cause the bone system acts a bit weird on max. I cant even display them as boxes for some reason and cant apply any bone properties like freeze lenth and such. I would apreciate this help a great deal since the major reason I havent released my weapons for public release is the fact that they float around and the magazine seams to reload it self lol.

I apreciate the help,

Ace

Comment

Working...
              X