Clear All

Mod Request!:Weapons

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone can please make PS3 versions of these guns:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/pitbull-sh...ll-shotgun-v10

http://www.moddb.com/mods/thor-light...htning-gun-v11

It would really be appreciated!
    Thank you

there will not be a ps3 cook of this because the ps3 can not handle custom sounds. and weapons that dont make any sound fail.

Comment

ah, mabey someone contact Epic about it

Comment

i think epic knows that already

Comment

This has been mentioned several times before, but anyway.
          The problem isn't with Epic, it's........Sony, because Sony in it's infinite wisdom(not), allows only one sound file type, it's own proprietry format. Which means that modmakers can't make custom sounds for PS3 versions of their mods.
          And there's the problem. Does the modmaker make a version using Epic's sounds that works on both PC and PS3, or make separate versions, with custom sounds for PC, but not for PS3, or not make a PS3 version at all? Obviously the last is the easiest decision, the second requires the most amount of work, and the first will get boohooed as being rubbish without custom sounds.

Comment

These where done by Runestorm. You might want to check out their forums at runestorm.com. It should say there whether or not they planned for the PS3.

Comment

if someone had a sound file in the format the ps3 uses would the unreal editor even be able to import it?

Comment

I'm thinking not seeing as Epic is a mostly platform independent game company it jus wouldn't make sense ,economically, to have the editor on the PC version of a game support the sounds and sound files for a different version that probably wasn't even supposed to have custom content when the game dev process was started.

Comment

Working...
                X