Mirror's Edge Content Port?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirror's Edge Content Port?

I was just thinking, since Mirror's Edge is created with the Unreal Engine 3, couldn't the files simply be ported over? Theres a folder in my Mirror's Edge install directory called "CookedPC" with a bunch of files in there; I'm pretty sure those are compatible with other Unreal Engine 3 games.

No, the package files aren't openable with the UT3 or Gears editors.

You can rip them with 3dRipperDX and then import them into 3dsmax and then into UT3 quite easily though, just means you have to find the thing you want to use ingame in Mirror's Edge first.

Comment

And you may want to check that you are allowed to do that first.
      Just because the engine is Epic's, doesn't mean that the designer/publisher will let you port assets across to UT3.

Comment

Mirror's edge uses a tertiary light-map generator, so don't think you'll be able to get the beautiful GI that DICE did just by importing content. That and I don't think its legal.

Comment

What's so hard about modelling you're own pipes, painting them red, and adding a shiny emissive texture? xD

Comment

It's all blocks and cylinders anyway - it'd be quicker to do it with BSP, haha.

Comment

what about player models?
              is it possible to use that 3dsmax operation to make celeste or faith from mirror's edge playable in ut3?

Comment

You'd need to rip them with something and then open them in max and rig them, which is a pain in the ****.
                And they probably won't fit the UT3 rigs very well anyway.

Edit: And they probably don't conform to UT3s material layout either, or are designed to be broken into the pieces that UT3 models are.

Comment

or are not allowed to be ported to anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X