Enforcer with high fire rate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enforcer with high fire rate

I'm looking for a replacement for the Enforcer or a customized Enforcer that has a high firerate, like a submachine, like the UT2004 assault rifle. Actually, it would be perfect if it works like the Assault Rifle, including grenades for the sec fire mode. This replacement I'm looking for should use the exact model and skin of the UT3 Enforcer. Any help?

BTW, I'm also looking for a substitute for the Impact Hammer, again using the same model and skin, but with functions that are different and more effective as a weapon.

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
    BTW, I'm also looking for a substitute for the Impact Hammer, again using the same model and skin, but with functions that are different and more effective as a weapon.
    So, what exactly do you want it to do? Because you may have a different idea on makes it more effective than I, or anyone else.

Comment

so you want an automatic pistol with a grenade launcher?

Comment

Look... if I were a modder and a programmer what I'd do was this:

A weapon with the model and skin of the Enforcer but:

Primary fire mode: submachine gun

Secondary fire mode: grenades ala Assault Rifle or Grenade Launcher

It would be like a futuristic Uzi (cool!).

A weapon with the model and skin of the Impact Hammer but:

Primary fire: very slow but deadly big beam or something like that. I had a weapon like this in UT2004 and was really fun and very tactical. I think it was called Dark Matter Gun. You had to be aware not to touch those big spheres of energy because otherwise you get instantly killed. Moreover, these spheres work as a shield because enemy fire cannot pass through them. When they touch part of the scenario, they stick and remain for a few seconds there.

Secondary fire: I don't know... The Dark Matter gun had a lind of ray of light. If you shoot at the spheres of energy, the ray was straight to your enemies.

If I had the Weapon Stuff mutator for UT3, I could easily tweak the Impact Hammer and the Enforcer using other weapon's fire modes, which I have alreay found and have what I'm looking for. Is an easy way to have one of these weapon mutators and change it so that it uses an official model and skin instead of custom?

Comment

Is this any good to you?

It's rather beta as I've just had to overhaul the code to remove a bug that I couldn't track down, but it has a faster Enforcer primary fire and the Rocket Launcher's grenades as a secondary.

I can send it to you if you PM me your email address, I can't attach it as the .zip is a few hundred KB too big for the attachment system and I don't want to upload it anywhere proper because it's not finished enough.

Comment

What will be the name of it? Don't worry, I'll be patient and wait for a final release. Thanx!

Comment

I was going to call it Assault Rifle, but I changed it to Assault Carbine to avoid confusion with the inevitable UT2004 Assault Rifle port, though one hasn't materialised.
              I might be able to get a proper release out in the next few hours if I can fix a couple of things.

Edit: I've submitted it to ModDB and am waiting on it being authorised. It that needs some graphical stuff doing, a bit of polishing (things like making it say someone was killed with the Assault Carbine rather than the Enforcer) and it's open to tweaking but it's functionally complete.

Comment

Originally posted by DazJW View Post
                Is this any good to you?

It's rather beta as I've just had to overhaul the code to remove a bug that I couldn't track down, but it has a faster Enforcer primary fire and the Rocket Launcher's grenades as a secondary.

I can send it to you if you PM me your email address, I can't attach it as the .zip is a few hundred KB too big for the attachment system and I don't want to upload it anywhere proper because it's not finished enough.
                It looks like a plastic water gun, but it's still cool.

Comment

I've put a temporary metal texture on the one I've submitted to ModDB so it's not quite as bad now. It'll get a proper texture eventually.

Comment

could you change the way that it gets held by the avatars?

Comment

That's on my to do list, I'm not entirely sure how to do it though as using the arms rig from UDN doesn't seem to do anything.

I've added a thread in the beta forums for it with a download link.

Comment

Working...
                      X