No announcement yet.

"Non-violent" Mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As i posted earlier. its a rated M game. you shouldnt be looking for a non-violent mod for a game thats rated M for MATURE! Mature means ages 17+ if you cant handle the gore. go play hello kitty

Comment

Originally posted by Vergil View Post
      As i posted earlier. its a rated M game. you shouldnt be looking for a non-violent mod for a game thats rated M for MATURE! Mature means ages 17+ if you cant handle the gore. go play hello kitty
      It's an M rated game with an editor that allows the creation of anything you want! Maybe even something without violence, who knows. Maybe he wants his kids to enjoy it too without exposing them to the blood and gore.

Comment

So you joined this month, and your only two posts are in this thread insulting someone asking a simple question. You're making such a valuable contribution to the community.

Comment

Big thanks to those who provided some helpful feedback. I'll check out the sites and look back on some of the mods for previous games in the series.

In response to the standard forum **** storm that accompanies any post that doesn't appear to fit certain peoples molds, the request for a non-violent mod is to implement the game in a research project involving children (as some of you correctly pointed out). The game has been, and once again will be used with adults, and to maintain a level of control, comparing adults to children, ideally the same game would be used.

So, the mature adults would play the mature version of the game (thank you for reading me the box description btw) and the children would play the "non-violent"/more tame version.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
            I think there is a paintball mutator that was released somehwere in the forum.
            The SuperPaint mutator.

Comment

I wish you great luck in you research project

Comment

Comment

Given this is a research project, it may be prudent to develop a mod, specifically for the purpose. This would ensure much more tightly that you get the controlled environment that you need.

Comment

the ball, a puzzle mod. google it.

Comment

no. I think he wants ut3, but without blood, gore, death, swearwords and all of the death messages. I doubt it would be hard to develop a little mod like this. And TBH I am surprised UT3 didn't come with this kind of thing out of the box

Comment

you can select reduced gore, turn of mature taunts, you can use god mode and only play duels and never shoot the other one (no1 dies) but what would be the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
                          you can select reduced gore, turn of mature taunts, you can use god mode and only play duels and never shoot the other one (no1 dies) but what would be the point?
                          It would be a 'happy match' i heard there making a mod for that. first map being made was called HM-PattyCake.

Comment

It would be a 'happy match' i heard there making a mod for that. first map being made was called HM-PattyCake.
                            did you join the forums just to troll?

Comment

was wondering if anyone knows of or has created a mod that removes much of the violent features from the game. Of course shooting will be maintained as the primary premise, but are there any "non-violent" mods? For example, a good paintball mod that removes any notion of killing, death, killing sprees, and the like?
                              They clearly say they still want features of an fps, just for it to be less violent, there was definitely a paintball mutator, even got cooked for ps3, you'll have to search for it though.

Also, the Ball was mentioned, thats brilliant and although i haven't played it, i don't think it involves shooting or killing. And another good one is snowreal, thats an excellent mod, state of the art.

As mentioned though you could simply turn off mature language and and put reduced gore on

Comment

Turn off gore in the menu settings.
                                Turn off mature language.
                                Make it Liandri vs Krall (The demo guy doesn't count, his inhuman like Chuck Norris)

Maybe check out freezetag:
                                http://www.fileplanet.com/192302/190...a-(BTFA)-V9.1-

I already rate UT3 as PG13 by default...
                                PS. 12 year old kids do find this game amusing, because of the vehicles in VCTF and krall .
                                VCTF is also less competitive(for kids anyways) so less swearing from them.
                                They might find deathmatch boring as hell so keep that in mind. Just look at the kind of shows you see in cartoon network, they've already been brainwashed to a certain degree into thinking what's cool or not. Killing/defeating monsters/robts via weapons are fine.

This will let the kids play the same game, just less violent.

What you could add via modding is replace the announchments and replace "you killed" by "you defeated"

Renember to enable mature language for adults since it's off be default...

Comment

Working...
                                X