Random Weapons for UTIII?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random Weapons for UTIII?

Hi. I have a mutator called Random Weapons Swap, For UT2004, which allows to randomize the weapons you use in the game. Therefore, you can install as many weapons as you wish, without replacements. Standard and custom weapons are randomly chosen when you start a map. Is there a version of this for UTIII?

The nearest mutator I could find by searching was random start weapon by warlord57.

Comment

Would you like a mutator or script tags? Ive had a random weapons mut for UT3 for awhile, just didnt release it. Must admit mines alittle different, its a new object which sits on the pickup base and when a player touches it it gives them one of the weapons in the array.

Im guessing you want something more of a weapon switcher/shuffler so you can see the new weapon on the base not a wildcard.

Comment

No, no, my idea is different. Imagine I have lots if weapons I've downloaded. I like them and I'd love to have them in my game, but I don't want to replace the original ones with these weapons. Randon Weapon Swap for UT2004 allows to have all the weapons all together. When you load a map you may some standard weapons, some custom weapons, all random. The mutator chooses among all the weapons present if the game. That's the problem with weapon mutators: you have to choose this one or the other or chose if you are going to use custom weapons or disable the mutator and use the standard weapons. With Random Weapon Swap you have them all. Actually, I have more than 60 weapons in my UT2004, all fully customized with Weaponstuff (another mutator for tweaking weapons) and it's great.

Comment

Yeah I know what you are getting at, I just thought you might like some similar source to get you started.

I just think it would be better with a user predefined set rather then a random chance at every weapon one might have installed since some weapons arnt really made to be used seriously.

So you got your set and you shuffle the order vs the UT3 weapon bases they'll use. From there you want it to change the weapon after it respawns again? Personally Id probably make a new base for this type of thing and replace them all, with the wildcard weapon pickup I didnt need to do that.

Youd certainly want bots to be able to use these types of factories decently, theres some possible issues with that.

Comment

We did something similar a while back in the mutator weeks, with the 'SurpriseFactory', that spawned different weapons, and they rotated during the game. I don't know how well it really worked mind, and I believe it only rotated weapons that were already in the map.

http://sheelabs.gamemod.net/svn/list...%2F&rev=0&sc=0

The code is here, for anyone who's interested in an implementation.

Comment

Working...
            X