Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is is possible to create a playable campaign level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is is possible to create a playable campaign level?

I was wondering if its possible to create your own campaign with the UT3 Editor. If you can would you be able to create in-depth character interactions and events along with character paths based on an events occurance and such. Similar to "The Elder Scrolls: Oblivion" Quests.

Edit: Additional Question: Could I limit the players weapons to custom weapons that I created and change what fires out of it?

A campaign/single-player level? Yes, it's been done before, e.g. for The Ball. Playable in the stock campaign? Not sure, but I don't think so.
    If you want an Unreal-like single-player level, you may have to create (or use) a custom gametype for it, UT3 only comes with tourney gametypes.

Comment

All right, thats all I was wondering. My intentions were to create a campaign level that is single player completely different from the Unreal Tournament game theme. It's also nice to know that I can create my own gametypes for UT3, that gives me much more freedom that I had originally considered.

Also, could I limit the players weapons to custom weapons that I created and change what fires out of it?

Comment

"Also, could I limit the players weapons to custom weapons that I created and change what fires out of it? "
        yep And isn't that the point of custom weapons?
        Sounds like you're thinking of a total conversion.

Comment

Yea, something along those lines...actually, thats pretty much right. Thanks for the help

Comment

why not just mod gears wouldn't that be easier?

also how do you make a custom game type in UT3

Comment

Double Post?

What are you sorry about?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellclown View Post
                how do you make a custom game type in UT3
                with unreal script i think.

Comment

Originally posted by RubbrDuckE View Post
                  Double Post?

What are you sorry about?
                  well it was the same post twice and most forums don't appreciate double posting.

Comment

this forum seems to like it. almost every time i post from advanced it tells me that i can only post once in 30 secs (so it would doublepost if it didnt have the 30 secs limit)

Comment

has any one done a pendulum wars campaign mod for gears or perhaps a less tournament like campaign for UT?

Comment

Working...
                      X