Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by SynaGl0w View Post
    Excellent idea! I suppose with a similar method you can simulate the dots and scan of a CRT.
    You can. You just need to create the dot matrix of the CRT in an image file. Below is the images I used to make different LCD layouts from different types of LCD displays. From left to right: Refresh image, LCD TV/monitors/ and Jumbotron/Stadium LCD layout (produces deeper colors).

If you want to create the dot matrix, you just make your RGB image to mimic the what you see below:

Originally posted by Vicious3745 View Post
    Ooh, i wonder if you could use this one a live screen or something. It'd look great on like, some kinda Pokemon stadium thing.. >.> Or uh, Morpheus. yaaa.. Morpheus.
    I am sure you can use it to project a camera. It's what I plan to use it for.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ooh, i wonder if you could use this one a live screen or something. It'd look great on like, some kinda Pokemon stadium thing.. >.> Or uh, Morpheus. yaaa.. Morpheus.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Excellent idea! I suppose with a similar method you can simulate the dots and scan of a CRT.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice!

Now just need a way to use it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that is indeed awsome man!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that's pretty awsome!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic LCD material network (BIG images)

LCD material network (BIG images)

Here is a shader network I made that mimics LCD screen. Got the idea from Metal Gear . Has controls for contrast, brightness refresh-rate and LCD resolution and if you want square or retangular pixels (resolution). The red, green and blue from the image are broken up and combined into the LED pattern. There are a few types of LED layouts for different types of screens. Below I have a sample of the refresh rate, RGB layout one and RGB layout two (jumbotrons). And you can even go further to do hue and saturation controls per instance. The image below should be enough for you to see what's going on.

And some samples:

Zoomed all the way in to each "LED".

That crazy moire pattern you get at an angle...

Working...
X