No announcement yet.

UT3 melee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to play UT3 with melee mutator or mod, but I have idea how to write it.

I very like ChaosUT for UT'99 with swords - I had lot of fun with it

Comment

well then the ideas are here . soz i cant make mods...

Comment

I actually started coding a mod just like this 2 weeks ago. The code is basically complete, and I'm doing the art for it this week.

Its a simplistic melee system that draws from UC2 but with a more UT feel to the whole thing. Multiple weapons are included.

Primary fire is attack
        Alt fire is block, Blocking within a quarter second will reflect projectiles but not instants. Blocking also uses ammo based on damage received rather than time.

Also there's a special move system similar to the UT2k4 adrenaline combos, but with weapon specific effects, and also a more controlled execution. Instead of just checking button presses all the time, it only checks when you attack, and records your direction of movement, rather than button press. After you get the right sequence in you can hit the attack button while blocking to do a special move, as long as you have enough ammo. Ammo is regained by hitting other players and vehicles with the melee weapon.

Weapons are in three basic classes: Speed, Damage, and Force.
        I'll post up a proper thread once things look a bit nicer and have resolved a few remaining bugs, and make sure everything replicates across network properly.

edit: Heres a vid of it at present... just remember most everything is placeholder status art wise.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5D0yv3-26A

Comment

nice, cook it on ps3 please and ill be happy to test it out and give feedbac

Comment

Sounds good. Will be the first thing I've cooked for PS3, gonna have to look and see what limitations and concerns there are.

I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Vailias View Post
              I actually started coding a mod just like this 2 weeks ago. The code is basically complete, and I'm doing the art for it this week.

Its a simplistic melee system that draws from UC2 but with a more UT feel to the whole thing. Multiple weapons are included.

Primary fire is attack
              Alt fire is block, Blocking within a quarter second will reflect projectiles but not instants. Blocking also uses ammo based on damage received rather than time.

Also there's a special move system similar to the UT2k4 adrenaline combos, but with weapon specific effects, and also a more controlled execution. Instead of just checking button presses all the time, it only checks when you attack, and records your direction of movement, rather than button press. After you get the right sequence in you can hit the attack button while blocking to do a special move, as long as you have enough ammo. Ammo is regained by hitting other players and vehicles with the melee weapon.

Weapons are in three basic classes: Speed, Damage, and Force.
              I'll post up a proper thread once things look a bit nicer and have resolved a few remaining bugs, and make sure everything replicates across network properly.

edit: Heres a vid of it at present... just remember most everything is placeholder status art wise.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5D0yv3-26A
              Great I love that I have an idea though. Your saying you need amo for the melee wepons well after the patch you may not as you could use some code used for the instigib rifle. Alternatly it could be kind of like energy drinks needed to use the wepon.

I cant wate to see a darkstaff and pair of Necris blades again so if possable...

Comment

Working...
              X