Manual reload weapons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manual reload weapons

Hi! can any one plz make a mutator ut3 which allowed player to configure all weapons which required manual reload with clip count and which weapons doesn't required to reload at all? I have waited for aged since ut2k4.

This would be interesting, would make a fast pace frantic shooter a little more frantic when you got a guy in front of you and you need to reload

Comment

It would require a **** load of animation work but I think that it would be easy to implement Ammo wise. I already have an idea for how the Mini guns can reload box mags, and the Shock rifle, and we already have a reload animation for the pistol when you first use it (just use that for it's reload animation)

The only one I can't figure out is how to get the Flack Cannon to have a good looking and realistic reload animation. The Shock rifle I always thought would reload much like a modern day elephant gun: IE pop the barrel and then slide in the new power core.

The max ammo can be the same but the amount of ammo per clip needs to be changed. Also the Rocket Launcher would need two ammo types, and two reload animations.

(you can tell I thought this out before hand) Sadly I have no animation skills, and have no skills at all on UT3 coding, or modeling that would be needed. And I have no idea how we could get the Bio Rifle to work.

Comment

bio has that ring thingie, can be popped out like in a irl grenade launcher's mag?

Comment

I think it would be nice, but as mentioned above, it would require a hell lot of work to make it good...i am used to play CoD, and when i am playing UT i keep pressing R from times to times lol

Comment

why hasn't this been released as a patch yet?

Comment

why sould someone officially patch ut3 to use reload? the only reload in the whole Unreal ever that i know of is the bolt pistol in unreal1 and unreal 2 assault riffle, but never in UT

Comment

Originally posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
                why sould someone officially patch ut3 to use reload? the only reload in the whole Unreal ever that i know of is the bolt pistol in unreal1 and unreal 2 assault riffle, but never in UT
                because you want to change things up a bit, I mean isn't UT supposed to be the king of mods?

Comment

i didnt say you shouldnt create a mutator that does it, i sayd why should it be in a patch? a patch is supposed to fix broken stuff and weapons not needing to be reloaded is not a bug imo.

Comment

then why are you posting in this tread?
                    with useful input

Comment

Its never going to be released in a patch, or an official mutator, ever, the fact that there is no reloading is an integral part of Unreal Tournament's gameplay. I dont think Epic would go through the trouble of radically changing their game into something that just isnt UT, if anybody wants this, the community will have to make it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellclown View Post
                        then why are you posting in this tread?
                        with useful input

all i am saying is that custom content DOES NOT COME IN PATCHES, it comes in MUTATORS. and therefore the question "why hasn't this been released as a patch yet?" doesnt make sense.

Comment

I suppose that that is correct.

Comment

There is actually reloading in UT, it just doesnt happen via a button and isnt a clip like system. For the Avril it reloads after each shot, can you not see it?

Other weapons load up/charge and then fire like the rocket launcher and biorifle.

To that end a manual reload system might not work so well if put in there, thats not including issues like missing anims (where you need the arm rigs etc to make new ones). XReload for 2k4 was very well done but I think it highlights issues with any reload system made for UT styled weapons

I actually like the fact UT lends itself to a different kind of system to be honest because clip systems arnt the be all and end all. If anything Id like to see more effort to try and make reloading skillful (much like active reload in GoW, which is kinda like a golf game) but anyways simply pressing a button isnt that difficult. Theres plenty of options that go with a manual reload system such as no auto-reload when weapons are empty and the like so there wont be a one system fits all approach.

Honestly I dont think its worth the effort because UT weapons were never designed with this kind of thing in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by MonsOlympus View Post

Honestly I dont think its worth the effort because UT weapons were never designed with this kind of thing in mind.
                              that man speaks the truth.

Comment

Working...
                              X