Audience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Audience

Yes hello, i am kinda wanna create a basic small map. BUT i want a glass wall with audince watching the match (just for decoration) souranding the arena.

Is this in any way possible?

it is completely possible no question about it
    The glass part is really easy just create a wall and texure it glass
    The crowd wont be quite as easy as there is not anything already in the editor and you would have to inport them which can be very difficult

hope this helps

Comment

You would have to create, rig and animate different "spectators". I don't think anyone yet has made something like this.

Comment

Unless you could fake them by using sprites or planes with their image, then you would have to, kind of blur the glass or something like that to make it less evident. Alos it would be better to animate these textures so they have some sort of moviment. Don't know how to do that exactly, tho

Comment

a nice .bik video should do it =)

Comment

You can do it frame-by-frame as a flipbook texture...

This is a cool map idea, actually. I'd give it a go if you made it.

Comment

Sprites and blurred glass textures, probably;

One sprite for each body and head, another for the arms. If you animate them well, they should work.

The other option is to use a lot of the same animated skeletal meshes with a few texture variations. Might be a bit expensive on performance though.

Comment

sounds like a cool idea... kinda reminds me of the intro to UT2003

Comment

You mean like this? The folks are even somewhat responsive (e.g., cheering when you fall into the pit).

[screenshot]http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/c2_screenshots/duel-arena/arena2.jpg[/screenshot]

Check out the CUT2 Duel map called Arena, by Shadowstar, for some ideas. (and there's probably more our there somewhere)

Originally posted by TurnerPaps View Post
                  ... kinda reminds me of the intro to UT2003
                  Indeed. You can't really tell in that particular screenshot, but if you look closer then yeah, that crowd should look familiar.

Comment

I think I know how to do it but you'd need for them to not be in a sertain area.

You have a texture that is animated with a sports crowd in it and to get it at a bit of a distance to simulate the hole crowd being a bit behind the window you create a cube map and use the same way you would for getting a reflection.

Comment

About being reponsive to what your doing on the arena, it may be just sound effects, the crowd don't really do anything i suppose

Comment

Working...
                      X