Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not one response, I'm afraid.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by brisingre View Post
    EDIT:
    Linked in the main Maps/Mods forum.
    Hey brisingre, I missed this before. Did you get any response? If so could you link it here?

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
    Yeah, me too.

We ( http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/ ) would be interested in speaking to someone who is capable of that - and a whole lot more.

Sadly however, UT3 is simply not as 'mod-able' as previous versions of the game. My understanding is that it's not even possible to create custom rules menu's for custom game types. So I wouldn't be surprised if menu's such as these ...

aren't possible in UT3 either. But then again, I'm not a coder.

It's a shame Epic's priorities changed over time. I spend a lot of time wondering if modding on the PC will ever return to it's previous 'glory days'.

We sure had fun while it lasted though.
    Hey R.Flagg, thanks for chipping in. It looks like you guys have given up on UT3 - what a shame. But not surprising. I believe there is still a lot of interest in UT3 - it just never took off as an online game like UT2004 after it lost any initial momentum it might have had.

People are still doing amazing things with the engine though, whether it be with the UI (MapMixer) weapons and power ups (Sentinel, Elite Machines, Runestorm, BattleRPG), vehicles (Captain Snarf, XS), first person puzzlers (The Ball), gametypes (DOM, BR, UT2D) or just plain imaginative brilliance (Prometheus).

So even if it's not as 'mod-able' it seems there are a few out there willing to go to the effort to bring us great content (and a big thank you to them!)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TimbreWolf View Post
    I miss the mad fun of UT2004 with mods such as ChaosUT ...
    Yeah, me too.

We ( http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/ ) would be interested in speaking to someone who is capable of that - and a whole lot more.

Sadly however, UT3 is simply not as 'mod-able' as previous versions of the game. My understanding is that it's not even possible to create custom rules menu's for custom game types. So I wouldn't be surprised if menu's such as these ...

[screenshot]http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/docs/images_2k4/menu_chaos.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/docs/images_2k4/menu_weapons.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/docs/images_2k4/menu_vehicles.jpg[/screenshot]

aren't possible in UT3 either. But then again, I'm not a coder.

It's a shame Epic's priorities changed over time. I spend a lot of time wondering if modding on the PC will ever return to it's previous 'glory days'.

We sure had fun while it lasted though.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The collapsable/configurable lists will be a pain to make work, because the UI editor sucks and almost certainly doesn't support this. However, Sinx threw the entire thing away and did his own UI code for MapMixer, and that could probably do it.
    Yeah, I thought that might scare away potential coders. If it's too difficult then even just a set number of slots per default weapon as LtClifff suggested would be nice to have.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There are some really impressive people around here. Ambershee, Mr.Evil, Shademistress (not a coder, really, but a great modeller,) the BR and DOM teams, Angelmapper, Sinx... I'm missing people, of course. That was a two minute list. Of course, they are all doing other things. I'll see about posting this idea somewhere that more people read. (Most people don't actually seem to come to Mod Request/Idea Sharing, probably because it's been taken over by people who post I CAN HAS A DARTH VADERZ PLEZE? four or five times, and then never post again. I stick around it for the very occasional very good ideas, like this one.) There is one likely problem with implementing this, though. The collapsable/configurable lists will be a pain to make work, because the UI editor sucks and almost certainly doesn't support this. However, Sinx threw the entire thing away and did his own UI code for MapMixer, and that could probably do it.

EDIT:
    Linked in the main Maps/Mods forum.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, possibly a 'pickup' tab for health/armor/powerup replacement? (I think we need more berserk and less Udamage)
    Good idea. I hadn't thought of that. Could go in as another tab.

Message repeats- is there anyone capable of making this?
    There surely is - I guess it's more whether they feel up to the effort I guess.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Message repeats- is there anyone capable of making this?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by chilau1 View Post
    hey i saw machine gun on the last 1 on the list WHERE DID U GET IT?????

My imagination - lol. But yeah, I might have had RealWeapons on my mind though I haven't tried it out yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Search for RealWeapons. It's got a machine gun, a pistol thing (don't remember) and a chainsaw. They are slowly working on an entire set of 9/10/11/12. (Dunno about Redeemer/AVRIL/Translocator.) I think the rocket launcher is next in line, there are pictures of an untextured model.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    hey i saw machine gun on the last 1 on the list WHERE DID U GET IT?????

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the small but enthusiastic support so far.

The image link didn't appear to work anymore (expired?) so I've updated it. If it goes down again somebody send me a PM. Or, if anyone can suggest a better host (preferably as quick and easy as ImageShack) let me know.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

I don't ordinarily beg, but I'm going to beg someone to make this. I really want it.

Also, possibly a 'pickup' tab for health/armor/powerup replacement? (I think we need more berserk and less Udamage)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X