Multi Weapon/Vehicle Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi Weapon/Vehicle Replacement

Something I've wanted and expected for a long time. The mutator would allow for a weapon/vehicle slot to be replaced with multiple other weapons/vehicles (would require weapon re-spawn). I've made a quick sketch of what I imagine the interace could be like:

One of my biggest complaints with UT3 still is the limitation of the number of weapons you can have in a game. I miss the mad fun of UT2004 with mods such as ChaosUT and Ballistic Weapons.

Even such a simple idea as having the Ripper in the game without losing another weapon is not possible at the moment. With lots of great vehicles and weapons around it seems a shame not to use them ALL!

I see LtClifff posted pretty much the same idea here from which I've taken the idea for "Profiles" otherwise I've had all of this on my mind for a long time.

To explain the image in more detail:
    For each original weapon slot we decide how many weapons we want to replace it with. Then we choose these weapons and maybe whether they're allowed to be dual-wielded (not such a big deal for me). And finally what percentage chance these replacement weapons have of being spawned.

Respawn time would be how long after the weapon is picked up that a new weapon gets respawned at that spot. Replacement time would be how often a weapon is replaced with a new one if not picked up (is this possible? - not so necessary either way.)

All the above would apply for vehicles as well, whether it be under a seperate tab as I have it or under a seperate mutator.

If anyone can do even half of this I would be very grateful.

So what say ye?

Originally posted by TimbreWolf View Post
    Something I've wanted and expected for a long time. The mutator would allow for a weapon/vehicle slot to be replaced with multiple other weapons/vehicles (would require weapon re-spawn). I've made a quick sketch of what I imagine the interace could be like:

One of my biggest complaints with UT3 still is the limitation of the number of weapons you can have in a game. I miss the mad fun of UT2004 with mods such as ChaosUT and Ballistic Weapons.

Even such a simple idea as having the Ripper in the game without losing another weapon is not possible at the moment. With lots of great vehicles and weapons around it seems a shame not to use them ALL!

I see LtClifff posted pretty much the same idea here from which I've taken the idea for "Profiles" otherwise I've had all of this on my mind for a long time.

To explain the image in more detail:
    For each original weapon slot we decide how many weapons we want to replace it with. Then we choose these weapons and maybe whether they're allowed to be dual-wielded (not such a big deal for me). And finally what percentage chance these replacement weapons have of being spawned.

Respawn time would be how long after the weapon is picked up that a new weapon gets respawned at that spot. Replacement time would be how often a weapon is replaced with a new one if not picked up (is this possible? - not so necessary either way.)

All the above would apply for vehicles as well, whether it be under a seperate tab as I have it or under a seperate mutator.

If anyone can do even half of this I would be very grateful.

So what say ye?
    seems possible i love the idea!

Comment

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please

I don't ordinarily beg, but I'm going to beg someone to make this. I really want it.

Also, possibly a 'pickup' tab for health/armor/powerup replacement? (I think we need more berserk and less Udamage)

Comment

Thanks for the small but enthusiastic support so far.

The image link didn't appear to work anymore (expired?) so I've updated it. If it goes down again somebody send me a PM. Or, if anyone can suggest a better host (preferably as quick and easy as ImageShack) let me know.

Comment

hey i saw machine gun on the last 1 on the list WHERE DID U GET IT?????

Comment

Search for RealWeapons. It's got a machine gun, a pistol thing (don't remember) and a chainsaw. They are slowly working on an entire set of 9/10/11/12. (Dunno about Redeemer/AVRIL/Translocator.) I think the rocket launcher is next in line, there are pictures of an untextured model.

Comment

Originally posted by chilau1 View Post
              hey i saw machine gun on the last 1 on the list WHERE DID U GET IT?????

My imagination - lol. But yeah, I might have had RealWeapons on my mind though I haven't tried it out yet.

Comment

Message repeats- is there anyone capable of making this?

Comment

Originally posted by brisingre View Post
                  Also, possibly a 'pickup' tab for health/armor/powerup replacement? (I think we need more berserk and less Udamage)
                  Good idea. I hadn't thought of that. Could go in as another tab.

Message repeats- is there anyone capable of making this?
                  There surely is - I guess it's more whether they feel up to the effort I guess.

Comment

There are some really impressive people around here. Ambershee, Mr.Evil, Shademistress (not a coder, really, but a great modeller,) the BR and DOM teams, Angelmapper, Sinx... I'm missing people, of course. That was a two minute list. Of course, they are all doing other things. I'll see about posting this idea somewhere that more people read. (Most people don't actually seem to come to Mod Request/Idea Sharing, probably because it's been taken over by people who post I CAN HAS A DARTH VADERZ PLEZE? four or five times, and then never post again. I stick around it for the very occasional very good ideas, like this one.) There is one likely problem with implementing this, though. The collapsable/configurable lists will be a pain to make work, because the UI editor sucks and almost certainly doesn't support this. However, Sinx threw the entire thing away and did his own UI code for MapMixer, and that could probably do it.

EDIT:
                    Linked in the main Maps/Mods forum.

Comment

The collapsable/configurable lists will be a pain to make work, because the UI editor sucks and almost certainly doesn't support this. However, Sinx threw the entire thing away and did his own UI code for MapMixer, and that could probably do it.
                      Yeah, I thought that might scare away potential coders. If it's too difficult then even just a set number of slots per default weapon as LtClifff suggested would be nice to have.

Comment

Originally posted by TimbreWolf View Post
                        I miss the mad fun of UT2004 with mods such as ChaosUT ...
                        Yeah, me too.

We ( http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/ ) would be interested in speaking to someone who is capable of that - and a whole lot more.

Sadly however, UT3 is simply not as 'mod-able' as previous versions of the game. My understanding is that it's not even possible to create custom rules menu's for custom game types. So I wouldn't be surprised if menu's such as these ...

[screenshot]http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/docs/images_2k4/menu_chaos.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/docs/images_2k4/menu_weapons.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/docs/images_2k4/menu_vehicles.jpg[/screenshot]

aren't possible in UT3 either. But then again, I'm not a coder.

It's a shame Epic's priorities changed over time. I spend a lot of time wondering if modding on the PC will ever return to it's previous 'glory days'.

We sure had fun while it lasted though.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
                          Yeah, me too.

We ( http://chaotic.beyondunreal.com/ ) would be interested in speaking to someone who is capable of that - and a whole lot more.

Sadly however, UT3 is simply not as 'mod-able' as previous versions of the game. My understanding is that it's not even possible to create custom rules menu's for custom game types. So I wouldn't be surprised if menu's such as these ...

aren't possible in UT3 either. But then again, I'm not a coder.

It's a shame Epic's priorities changed over time. I spend a lot of time wondering if modding on the PC will ever return to it's previous 'glory days'.

We sure had fun while it lasted though.
                          Hey R.Flagg, thanks for chipping in. It looks like you guys have given up on UT3 - what a shame. But not surprising. I believe there is still a lot of interest in UT3 - it just never took off as an online game like UT2004 after it lost any initial momentum it might have had.

People are still doing amazing things with the engine though, whether it be with the UI (MapMixer) weapons and power ups (Sentinel, Elite Machines, Runestorm, BattleRPG), vehicles (Captain Snarf, XS), first person puzzlers (The Ball), gametypes (DOM, BR, UT2D) or just plain imaginative brilliance (Prometheus).

So even if it's not as 'mod-able' it seems there are a few out there willing to go to the effort to bring us great content (and a big thank you to them!)

Comment

EDIT:
                            Linked in the main Maps/Mods forum.
                            Hey brisingre, I missed this before. Did you get any response? If so could you link it here?

Cheers.

Comment

Not one response, I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                              X