Weapon Replacements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapon Replacements

I am currently working on a Mutator that once enabled will replace all the old weapons with new Over Powered weapons that do what YOU want.

Basically all i need to do now is just create the weapons and ammo classes and i am done but i wanted to ask the public on what they wanted the weapons to do.

Eg: Shoot extremely fast, A zooming minigun, etc etc

So blast away with your ideas.

PS.I am currently looking for some people who can help me with my coding ( I Started a couple of days ago) since i need to learn.

A rainbow shock rifle that shoots alot quicker and shoots alot faster.

Think the UT99 superwepon that shoots colord beams.

Comment

a 3 fire burt gun, some sort of machine gun

Comment

A sniper rifle that is fully automatic would be cool...I remember playing UT99 with a weapon like that...can't remember what it was called though....I figure it should shoot at approx double the speed of the minigun alternate fire in ut3.

The rainbow shock rifle is a good one too...and yeah definitely needs primary fire sped up.

One more...how about a "target lock" for the biorifle...for those long shots!

Comment

If you're actually creating new weapons (not just modding existing ut3 ones)....I remember having lots of fun with the 'infinity sledge' and 'bin slayer' in UT99 as well. I think those would be welcomed revivals as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DeathMist View Post
            I am currently working on a Mutator that once enabled will replace all the old weapons with new Over Powered weapons that do what YOU want.

Basically all i need to do now is just create the weapons and ammo classes and i am done but i wanted to ask the public on what they wanted the weapons to do.

Eg: Shoot extremely fast, A zooming minigun, etc etc

So blast away with your ideas.
            Taking the Excessive Overkill approach to custom weapons, are we? Always good for a laugh. Here, a few ideas you can experiment with.

Impact Hammer: Holding Fire would rapidly punch away like a jackhammer. Alt Fire would trigger a hybrid of vacuum and woodchipper, hoovering up opponents or small hovercraft and pounding them into tiny chunks that come flying out the other end.

Rocket Launcher: Upgrade it into a rapid-firing drunk missile launcher. Like the Stinger Minigun, its barrels would spin faster as you hold Fire, and it steadily churns out drunk missiles faster and flying in ever more random paths. Alt Fire would be slower but far more accurate, launching fast unlit rockets that brain enemies on a direct hit before exploding as they hit the ground.

Link Gun: Modified to let loose scrolling shooter-styled bullet hell. Fire shoots expanding waves of a dozen pulse bolts, Alt Fire creates a spinning grid of medium-range lasers that sets things on fire.

Bio Rifle: Replace the Biosludge with highly volatile gibs. Alt Fire launches exploding meaty skeletons, or when fully charged, a bubbly Krall corpse that explodes when prodded or dropped from a great height.

Flak Cannon: Instead of firing hot metal shrapnel, it creates explosions a few inches in front of you - the force of these explosions works both ways, gibbing unarmoured foes while launching you back a few feet. Alt Fire launches a mortal shell that really slowly levitates straight forward - if it hits someone or you press Alt Fire again, it detonates in a shower of artillery bombs.

Longbow AVRiL: Change it from an anti-vehicle missile launcher to a laser-guided miniature tank cannon. When using the Alt Fire's laser, the tank shell madly swivels in mid-air to focus on the laser dot.

Stinger Minigun: Sacrifices accuracy for the ability to randomly throw *everything* at opponents. Sniper rounds, shock beams, sludge, Viper shots, crystals, flaming tyres, and so on. Alt Fire spins the barrels for a half-second and uses up 20 ammo to fire a ton of random ammo and debris in with a little more accuracy, the Stinger roaring like a Darkwalker as it fires.

Sniper Rifle: Ultrasonic bullets? Hah. How about Fury lasers instead?

Redeemer: When launched, the cruise missile spins around flinging artillery shells in all directions until it hits something and explodes while scattering a few dozen grenades. However, the Secondary Fire would launch not only the warhead, but the entire shoulder-mounted rack/remote control device as well, with you still clinging on. You would be in control of a hang glider of nuclear death.

Comment

^ ^ ^

This Is Blasphemy.....This Is Madness
              THIS IS ...........

Comment

overpowerd such as minigun stinger that shoots golaith projectiles

Comment

..........ut3

Comment

Originally posted by The Chimpy View Post
                    Taking the Excessive Overkill approach to custom weapons, are we? Always good for a laugh. Here, a few ideas you can experiment with.

Impact Hammer: Holding Fire would rapidly punch away like a jackhammer. Alt Fire would trigger a hybrid of vacuum and woodchipper, hoovering up opponents or small hovercraft and pounding them into tiny chunks that come flying out the other end.

Rocket Launcher: Upgrade it into a rapid-firing drunk missile launcher. Like the Stinger Minigun, its barrels would spin faster as you hold Fire, and it steadily churns out drunk missiles faster and flying in ever more random paths. Alt Fire would be slower but far more accurate, launching fast unlit rockets that brain enemies on a direct hit before exploding as they hit the ground.

Link Gun: Modified to let loose scrolling shooter-styled bullet hell. Fire shoots expanding waves of a dozen pulse bolts, Alt Fire creates a spinning grid of medium-range lasers that sets things on fire.

Bio Rifle: Replace the Biosludge with highly volatile gibs. Alt Fire launches exploding meaty skeletons, or when fully charged, a bubbly Krall corpse that explodes when prodded or dropped from a great height.

Flak Cannon: Instead of firing hot metal shrapnel, it creates explosions a few inches in front of you - the force of these explosions works both ways, gibbing unarmoured foes while launching you back a few feet. Alt Fire launches a mortal shell that really slowly levitates straight forward - if it hits someone or you press Alt Fire again, it detonates in a shower of artillery bombs.

Longbow AVRiL: Change it from an anti-vehicle missile launcher to a laser-guided miniature tank cannon. When using the Alt Fire's laser, the tank shell madly swivels in mid-air to focus on the laser dot.

Stinger Minigun: Sacrifices accuracy for the ability to randomly throw *everything* at opponents. Sniper rounds, shock beams, sludge, Viper shots, crystals, flaming tyres, and so on. Alt Fire spins the barrels for a half-second and uses up 20 ammo to fire a ton of random ammo and debris in with a little more accuracy, the Stinger roaring like a Darkwalker as it fires.

Sniper Rifle: Ultrasonic bullets? Hah. How about Fury lasers instead?

Redeemer: When launched, the cruise missile spins around flinging artillery shells in all directions until it hits something and explodes while scattering a few dozen grenades. However, the Secondary Fire would launch not only the warhead, but the entire shoulder-mounted rack/remote control device as well, with you still clinging on. You would be in control of a hang glider of nuclear death.
                    Hmmm, very nice.

What about an avril that shoots Avril Lavigne?

And an enforcer that fires the minigun shards but with a higher speed?
                    When ypu've got two of them you can fire the Leviathan projectiles and possibly the alt-fire attack?

Translocator too?

Comment

Ive always wanted an avril that locked onto infantry....

Also, lock on bio would rock!!!

Or an instagib minigun, tried to make one myself but cascade just bumbled my brain trying!

Comment

Mm Marvelous ideas some of them i would need more experience but some of them i could do easily although there's one problem i have stumbled upon a error while trying to code the mutator for it:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...4#post25617414

That link describes my problems. If i could get a solution to why that isn't working then i could be one step closer.

Comment

Originally posted by JumaAm View Post
                          This Is Blasphemy.....This Is Madness
                          THIS IS ...........
                          Sparta?

Could we have a link beam that was ten times as thick, unlimited range, and made the end of the beam catch fire?

Minigun that shoots rockets.

Shock rifle shoots much faster, shooting a shock combo with the beam makes it bigger, and if a shock combo hits a shock ball, it makes a new shock combo.

Flack cannon shoots 200 bouncing things rather than 9, and they bounce for 30 seconds or so.

That was ten seconds of thought. Not great, really.

Comment

Working...
                          X