Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Request] Bring back the AR770 and Riot gun!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Request] Bring back the AR770 and Riot gun!

Hey, Im a newbi to these forums, but Love UT03, and I have played all the demos of the games, and bought 07. I enjoyed the game play of it, but there are so many things I missed from the older games.

One thing that came to me as a shock in 03 and 04 was the missing Enforcer Pistols, replaced with the dual wealded AR770, now its the missing gun UT07. The thing I missed about the gun was the cool sound it made, the constant rate of fire and the anti personal grenades. I belive they should co exisist in the game. Although the Stinger Minigun or as I call it "the Tyridium flinnger" was cool and was fitting for the game, the enginuity of Miners inventing there owen chaingun. But really, In a War dont you want a ballanced gun over a sadistic gun that pins people to walls? Personaly I would rather a AR770 than a stone thrower...
    What Im saying is that they should have used something like that and made it a little more powerful and worth getting.

I also miss the Riot gun/Sheild gun... that was fun blocking flak with that live saver while noob jumping with the flag in a CTF. Its probobly people like who got it cut from 07
    I can however understand the use of the New and Improved Impact hammer, but I still miss avoiding potentual death with a big green energy sheild.

What do you guys think of that, and dose anyone want to bring back the clasical stuff?

When will people learn? This is not UT2k3, 2k4, 99, 69. It's UT3! If it was going to be like the previous games, what would be the point of making it? It's a new game with it's own weapons and concepts. Learn to like it, as they say. Sure, I miss the chaingun too, but the stinger works fine and it's balanced. The impact hammer is a far better weapon than the shieldgun, more brutal, more fun, and it's not green!

I'd like people to stop complaining about stuff that has been changed from the previous games. If you want classic stuff, make a mod.

There is a good example why game developers should listen to people wanting to make a new game exactly like the previous ones - Quake 4. The fans figured the multiplayer in Q3 was perfect and it should be the same in Q4. They got what they wanted and then they said it sucks ***, because nothing has changed except the system requirements.

Let's keep every Unreal game unique. If you want to play with the shieldgun play 2004, it's easier to find a good populated server that with UT3

One final piece of advice, just play the game and you'll appreciate it more. I had the same impression when I switched form 2K4 to UT3, but after some time in the game, learning the ropes, the mechanics, the movement and how weapons work, I don't want to get anywhere near the previous parts.

Comment

i guess some one should make a mod.. i agree with both of u though... no complainin but at the same time we should have more weapons or a mut for the old weapons either way i hope runestorm has some beauties up their sleeve cus once i found that mod for ut2kxx series i only used thier weapons lmao!!!! so cool...

Comment

Originally posted by mmaruda View Post
        I'd like people to stop complaining about stuff that has been changed from the previous games. If you want classic stuff, make a mod.
        Colicedus wasn't complaining, he was just suggesting a mod. I never enjoyed either of those weapons, but there's no reason to tell him off just for suggesting their creation. It's not like a modder making these two guns would destroy the rest of the community.

Comment

Hmm... Compaining eh? hehe, I wasent sounding like a little *****ing 12 year old was I? oh well...

I understand that all the weapons have there place in the game, but more could be added.

I just had an Even greater idea... a Similar device, but produces a sheild big enough to protect a team of advancing infantry from gun fire (not a prevernter to Vehicular man slaughter an pancakeing) Yes? no? need to be nerfed?

Comment

Originally posted by Colicedus View Post
            Hmm... Compaining eh? hehe, I wasent sounding like a little *****ing 12 year old was I? oh well...

I understand that all the weapons have there place in the game, but more could be added.

I just had an Even greater idea... a Similar device, but produces a sheild big enough to protect a team of advancing infantry from gun fire (not a prevernter to Vehicular man slaughter an pancakeing) Yes? no? need to be nerfed?
            HEY WOT U GOT GAINsT 12 YeR OldSSSSS!1!!!!1!

joking... sorry dont know why i had to do that but moment has passed

Personally I thought the sheild gun sucked. However. While I prefered enforcers to the assualt rifle as primary weapon, It would have been nice if they had maybe beefed it up a bit and used it as a pickup. I also will never ever ever understand why they got rid of the ripper... Ever... Yes I know there is one made by parser

Comment

I only ever used the shield gun to negate fall damage and the only thing i found useful for the AR was dual wielding which still kinda sucked in ut04 and using its grenades if you charged them to shoot far enough even which they pale in comparison to UT99 and UTIII rocket grenades.

Comment

There's never gonna be an end to people wishing the old stuff was in 3, you can't get on them for that, especially because in some ways 3 is watered down from the old ones. I've accepted that things like the Ripper are just from a whole other game...but I'm really glad to hear they're making an expansion for 3, so I hope they'll flesh out the weapons/vehicle sets a good deal.

Comment

hooh momma i cannot wait for that... And cliffyb is behind it all again! Keep the good news acoming!

Comment

The AR really wasn't effective at all. It's a nice theory, but in practice they were useless.
                    The only things I have against them are the above, and that they came in this craze of Assault Rifles. Every game had to have an AR all of a sudden, and it swiftly became the most generic gun ever made, and putting it in UT, the game with multibarreled rocket launchers and combo energy rifles and goop guns and crystal-firing chainguns (yes, the Stinger existed before UT3) and weapons that fired gudeable blades, just stung. It kind of felt like a slap int he face to what Unreal was. Granted pistols aren't new, either, but they tie back to the Automag, which is an iconic Unreal weapon in its design, and one of the basic workhorse weapons. It also removed the signiture "gangsta'" fireing stance / mode, which removed a critical part of Unreal / UT's character.
                    It's not so much the gun itself (although it could have been more useful) but what it represents.

The shield gun, gameplay issues aside, also drained the character out of the game. The first two Unreals were about heavy, bloody, gritty peronsla combat. The Hammer embodies that by letting you smash someone physically with an iron piston.
                    The Shield gun takes that viceral physical impact and pussifies it into a nice, clean energy wave, removing most to all of the base gratification out of the gun.
                    Deflecting shots with the secondary took high skill and timing. The shield... doesn't.

UT3's return to the heavy, bloody, gritty personal combat is a blessed relief, but I'm still missing a few things, like the heavy industrial look of the Link / Pulse gun. A more hefty sound, and a more sturdy look (to my mind, keep the leaf-like plates on the side, but bring back the rotating chaingun-like barrels under them, which become visible when the leaves lift up. Give us some energy crackling and arcing between the leaves and the ends fo the barrels, and give us a nice heavy thunder / explosion-like sound for the firing. Creating a plasma burst like that will super-heat all the air around it and effectively create a small thunderclap, followed by crackling and almost tearing sounds. The cutting torch / energy matrix would probably create a similar sound on start-up, then a deep hum as it persists.) After Cliff's denoucement of pew-pew-pew energy guns in the Gears vid-doc, I'm hoping the energy weapon sounds get a face-lift. The shock needs its ch-kao back, and I wouldn't mind it being the energy rail-gun it used to be instead of a laser beam (the first ASMD fired a small energy projectile at increadible speeds for its primary fire, not a photon beam [ie: laser] that's what created the spiral trail and radial impact pattern, various aspects of which have since been diminished.)
                    Regardless, I'm straying.

I wouldn't mind seeing an effective version of the AR return in a class / species based Unreal game, where the heavy characters got the stronger but slower Enforcers, and the lighter hcaracters got the faster but weaker, shot per shot, AR... I certainly think they have a place, although I'd like to see them a little more Unrealified, just don't want to see them replace the Enforcers.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a shield gun. I love the Impact Hammer, and have never played any older Unreal games, but I'm a lover of variety, and so a shield gun would be interesting to me. Not so much the assault rifle, if you're going to make a gun, make a cool one that shoots frogs on fire or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Miko View Post
                        I only ever used the shield gun to negate fall damage and the only thing i found useful for the AR was dual wielding which still kinda sucked in ut04 and using its grenades if you charged them to shoot far enough even which they pale in comparison to UT99 and UTIII rocket grenades.
                        I still havent figured out how to negate fall damage, how'd u do it, i tried my shield like a cushion and an umbrella (i know, its desperate).

I still think that the assault rifle was better than enforcer!

But unrealafiying (added to dictionary) the assault rifle? Secondary fire: Napalm beam?

Comment

Make an energy assault rifle with a shield as secondary. Although using the shield drains the energy of the gun and makes it's less effective for a small while.
                          Drop the enforcers...

Comment

Hells yes napalm beam!

Comment

Shadow Dancer, I have learnt allot from you in your post, Assult Rifles are everywhere.

Originally posted by marilol View Post
                              I still havent figured out how to negate fall damage, how'd u do it, i tried my shield like a cushion and an umbrella (i know, its desperate).
                              Ok, I think How it works is just as you are about to impact with the earth you aim downwards and Use the Sheild while landing, it will absorb most of the Dammage I asume.

Ok, allthough thats silly, I kinda like that idea for a new Sheild gun, Hold it up like an Umbrealla and float downwards, you are however compleatly vunerable to everything comming your way in theroy...

There are some things annoying about the Sheild gun in its desinge, but Im sure some one remaking it could make it WAY COOLER.
                              Like Dr House says "its not just Brain surgery... ITS REALLY, REALLY COOL BRAIN SURGERY!" Same gose for this new Sheild gun I request.

It needs to have Less of a Total green effect, any more green and you would have though the creators were "smokin a bong with a mean pikelet G". Industrofy it mate! Bit of Tyridium here and there, maybe while its Cranking itself up it the Tyridium Glows. While sheilding up the Tyridium gose Darker.

Originally posted by marilol View Post
                              But unrealafiying (added to dictionary) the assault rifle? Secondary fire: Napalm beam?
                              Napalm Bombs! Fires like the Dumbfire Grenades from the Rocket launcher, but when it finishes its bouncing, it behaves like the Bio gun with a spot that is dangerus to step on, but has the boom of a singel Rocket launcher grenade when placed.

So you are looking at a case of "Poot" "bouncy bouncy bouncy" Kaboom!" "Voof..." Voof being the fire starting...

Ok, We have made the AR780, a Naplam Grenade launcher put on a Medium Machine gun! (stinger being Hevy) Could some one please contruct it?

Also, anyone up to the challange, make the Link gun even better for my Freind Shadow Dancer, His request: Make it over charged to the point where ABBA will fear its Thunderbolts and Lighting! With a Chain gun Barrel!

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                              (to my mind, keep the leaf-like plates on the side, but bring back the rotating chaingun-like barrels under them, which become visible when the leaves lift up. Give us some energy crackling and arcing between the leaves and the ends fo the barrels, and give us a nice heavy thunder / explosion-like sound for the firing. Creating a plasma burst like that will super-heat all the air around it and effectively create a small thunderclap, followed by crackling and almost tearing sounds. The cutting torch / energy matrix would probably create a similar sound on start-up, then a deep hum as it persists.)

Comment

Working...
                              X