NEW Rain Level OR New Snow Level

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW Rain Level OR New Snow Level

I Will Like To See A Rain Level Set In a Jungle Or a Snow Level IN. DM How About YOU.Theres Been Rain Level Before But Only In Citi not In Jungles Tell What YOu THink

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=621467

8)

Comment

Nothing personal, but please! don't capitalize each word you write, it's really hard for me to read your posts.

On topic - check my signature for CTF-AtheaCE, it has rain effects in the outdoor part of the map. It does cause some slowdowns though, but still playable imo

Comment

Ok then mate. i hade the cap button on my fingers too long and forgot to let go. lol

Comment

WAR-Snakebite is kinda jungelish with rain iirc

Comment

Personally I want Snow now. Dark, rain. Its all been done frequently. Snow is rather neglected. I was personally thinking about turning SR-Snowball into a snipe DM. It would be awesome. :F

But you have my vote: snow.
            Just make it for PS3 whaahahah ( I only got the pc version so i could make maps)

Comment

The problem with snow maps is that they are even more intensive than rain maps. A rain texture can use the basic static meshes and be quite forgiving cos you cannot see the rain completely and notice where the meshes cut off. With the snow materials applied to these meshes it is a bit more noticable. Also opting for emitters for snow is also intensive due to the amount of time the particles last. It works for DM-Gateway because there is a strong wind so the particles only need last a few seconds but would not work for a slow and steady snowfall.

Comment

What about panning fake snow for example? Can't you just take a screenshot of the emmiters and create a texture that pans?

Comment

I used the rain mech cube with the snow material in WAR-Valley turned out ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Cr4zyB4st4rd View Post
                    I used the rain mech cube with the snow material in WAR-Valley turned out ok.
                    You can do it, and I have done it in my levels but still there are parts of it that just don't look right - and its forgivable with the rain material cos that is less visible and you would need to look really close, but its a lot more evident with the snow material.

Comment

Well any map that has Weather. In Rain Or Snow im tired Of this Day and night Maps

Comment

the whether effects in UT3 are terrible and that won't change till someone manages to coax and emitter into behaving like the xweathereffect from 2k*

and i've yet to anyone even interested in doing that aside from myself

Comment

Agreed on the weather I am so desprate for more snow maps.

Comment

Well I am working on getting an emitter to behave to like the xweathereffects from 2k4 though I have yet to have much success with it

Comment

Well its not jungle, but this map has dynamic weather and sky including a thunderstorm..

I've been considering adding snow. (not sure if it would be too instense, because if I add snow I would want it to be awesome - like icicles slowly forming off the roof and snow building up on the ground and eventually melting away making the ground wet etc..) but I might at least do some tests.

Comment

Working...
                              X