UT3 Adrenaline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Adrenaline

well, pretty obvious: bringing back the adrenaline [including the button combos] to UT3
    i believe it was 5 adrenaline points for every kill you make
    destroying a vehicle could make 7 or 8 adrenline points
    it would be nice to have the adrenaline back in the game

What was this? I never played older versions of UT.

Comment

well, when you killed someone, you gained 5 adrenaline points
      when you reached a maximum of 100 adrenaline points, the announcer says: ADRENALINE FULL!
      then you could use quick keytapping combos to unlock player-enhancing pickups, like Double Damage, Speed [walk much faster], Invisibility, Regeneration, Berserk, etc.
      when you used the powerups, they adrenline started to decrease, because youre using it for the powerups
      BUT it is possible to have the powerups for and endless period of time, because if you keep killing enough, your adrenaline will keep increasing as fast as it descreases [almost impossible, but atleast you will have longer adrenaline powerups]

is that a bit clear?

Comment

Originally posted by brisingre View Post
        What was this? I never played older versions of UT.
        a terrible positive feedback loop that was poorly implemented

Comment

I kind of like the idea. Painkiller (play it, it's the true successor to Doom. Screw Doom 3) has something like this, and it is soooo satisfying. The trick, however, is that it is unique. You don't get double damage or even bullet-time. Everything turns grey and blurry, except your enemies, who are bright red. Your crosshairs turns into a spikey circle thing, and whenever you fire, it instagibs your enemy (and everyone in their area) with a big distorting blast, and I think the gibs (which still glow red until they hit the ground) fall in slow motion. You move faster, and I think you are invulnerable. You only get it for about thirty seconds, but it is incredibly worth it. (It's actual of tactical use in the game. You need to game it so that kill #50 is at the beginning of the bit where the game throws a hundred regenerating zombies at you, as well as two things that fly faster than your ordinary bullets.)

I'm not suggesting you do this for your Adrenaline, it's not very Unreal (Painkiller is gothic fantasy,) I'm suggesting you make the adrenaline boost really unique.

Comment

sounds cool, but i doubt this will work good in multiplayer, especially the slowmotion....
            but the other things, like the opponents marker and the instagib power sounds cool

and btw: im not making anything it was just a suggestion to the community..

Comment

BattleRPG has a new version of this.. the coder calls it Mana now. its in the user mods/maps section i think its still in beta but you might find it in the Full version section. i think hes up to 10.2 on the version scale

Comment

i saw it, but it is included in the BattleRPG mod, and not seperately...

Comment

Yeah.

I haven't tried BattleRPG. Is it good?

Comment

Adrenaline should not have been implemented in any gametype aside from CTF.

Comment

i dont like BattleRPG: too much **** around some powerups
                      but i think i found some sort of solution: relics [from RelicMadness]

Comment

Originally posted by ZzyzX View Post
                        Adrenaline should not have been implemented in any gametype aside from CTF.
                        what was good on CTF-FACE +adrenaline -> u get invisbility combo, then i think the adrenaline should stop after 10 or 15 seconds. unless if you frag more, the more seconds u get in adrenaline and so it never stop

through, i gonna test this adrenaline and UT2K4 mod if its good >>> http://www.gamefront.com/files/13264...__UT3_Mutator_
                        http://www.gamefront.com/files/13264...__UT3_Mutator_

edit: i talk about instagib. if anybody know.. (clan ctf in europe...)

Comment

Working...
                        X