Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    The forum is not just for spouting random ideas but also for discussing the ideas. Your idea may look OK on paper, but ambershee explained why it is impractical.

Suggesting features from other shooter games isn't going to get far anyway. Anyone capable of making such a mod would have thought of this already. The reason it hasn't been made yet simply supports ambershee's statements.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yeah I know people will make TC that they want but isn't this forum supposed to be about tossing out ideas to others and such? I mean I thought this was Mod request and Idea sharing. I know this isn't a crazy far out thing but I'm trying to make the point that I've heard alot of people simply say oh no they don't like it because it's hard, where is the drive now a days?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Because this isn't a 'crazy far out thing', and people ARE still making things. Have you not seen all the mods that have come out recently?

If someone wants to make a TC, they'll make the TC they want to - and people are.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xyx View Post
    Because it's years of work?
    so what? like we got better things going on for UT3? I mean what happened to when people wanted to do the crazy far out things that made past unreal games so wicked?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    id like to see and unreal 2 weapon mod....

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Rurouni_Kei View Post
    but hey why not a tc?
    Because it's years of work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Actually I was thinking how about making a mod but that keeps the Unreal feel by using weapons for this UT and past ones. Also make this somewhat like Battlefield 2142 and have a giant flying air base that each side must try to take down from either the outside or inside. As for weapons was thinking of adding in some of the old guns from Unreal 2. So it would be like this

weapon replaced by

enforcer = Unreal 2 Magnum
    biorifle = Unreal 2 or UC2 grenade launcher
    plasma rifle = plasma rifle/U2 Carbon auto rifle
    shock rifle = shock rifle/U2 flamethrower
    flank canon = Unreal 2 shotgun
    rocket launcher = rocket launcher/U2 rocket launcher
    sniper rifle = sniper rifle/lightning gun
    redeemer = redeemer/orbital canon

something along those lines? pretty much a bigger badder version of war fare with many more control points but slightly more tactical with each area being pretty well fortified or at least that's the kind of maps that would be better for this.

What do you all think about it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A want a person to make a third person shooter TC-MOD with a cover system, then i'll be happy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    true but hey why not a tc?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For anything other than a TC, it isn't really an option. The implementation is too complex and level-design orientated.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Cover

Cover

What about a cover system based on the one from Rainbow Six Vegas? Was playing though it and thought it wouldn't be to bad to be able to run and gun, take cover behind a while and suddenly have a 3rd person view, then pop out of cover and back into first person view.
Working...
X