Gravity Gun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravity Gun

How about some one make a gravity gun to replace the PhysicGun console command. May be just a better Physics gun with real art and some new firing modes. Might be good to make a puzzle game. If some one wants to take the time, I'd help make maps for a physics puzzle game thing.

The real problem with a UT3 gravity gun is that there are virtually no physically simulated objects in any of the stock maps. For a physics based mod, however, this would rock. The physicgun has the basic attract/repel mode (as far as I know) what else are you thinking?

Comment

Well I'm thinking of a Physics based TC. Maybe... your in jail with just a basic physicsgun (well... you have hands) and you can move some of the objects around you to out of the hole/jail/room. Then you find a better gun (not your hands, something slightly better). Have bots (guards) that you have to find a way to kill with out a real gun. Make it big enough to need level streaming, so minimal load zones. I could go on, but then I'd see my ideas leave me to more talented folk (I don't know where to begin for any of this).

Comment

search the forum someone already made one

Comment

They just wrote a weapon entry for the physicsgun built in, I think. It had no mesh, I don't think.

Comment

ya, "physicsgun" is a console command. It makes you look like you are holding a flack cannon pointed at your feet. There is no arms/hand in first person, but if you use Matinee to go 3rd person, that's what it looks like.

The problem is it's too... god-like... It's built to test and debug for PhysX with in UT3. It's not built to be a game play element, so it's too powerful for a puzzle type game, and to week to use as a weapon. For example, you can drag something that is several times your size with a high density, and it has a ridiculous range, but you cant really throw anything to cause damage. It's just not built to be a good game play element.

I need a coder and a asset artist to help me make some kind of physics game. I know the level design, but coding outside of Kismet is really not my thing. Any one wanna help? We can talk about what can be done privately if you want to try to develop this thing seriously.

Comment

hmm, i reckon though that the physics gun can have its variables modded easily though.

Comment

It's not as easy as changing variables. You have to change how it works, fundamentally (like adding a trow feature). You have to build a new gun.

Comment

Maybe something like a grapleing hook type gun. To base the consept on anyway. you'd pull around things at your waight or under but anything heavy you get pulled to it. An easy to see graphical beam to show where your shooting it also might help.

Comment

OHH! I LIKE IT!... I guess I have my too far in the SciFi gutter to come up with something so simple and perfect!... ok... but I have NO idea how to make that... I'm a level designer, not an asset artist or programmer.

Comment

Working...
                    X