Something darker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something darker?

I've been replaying lately Doom 3 and was thinking what a great feel those levels had and what greet lighting. I was thinking if someone if not lots of people make something quick for this Halloween. I'll try working on something on the side (though god I'm doing too much now). Just to see what we can all put together for a nice dark feel. What I'm gonna try to shoot for is something that will have few brightly lit areas, maybe some moving lights, but lots of dark areas and I'm hoping to make something dark enough for people to hide in! I think it would change the feel but be a fun way to play UT.

So what is everyone thoughts on this?

Maybe someone can even make a mod based on the idea of playing with the light and darkness or perhaps something totally creepy!

I love the idea someetimes UT can look a bit to bright.

Comment

Search for lights out if you want a good creepy mod!

Comment

Oh I have that mod but I feel more could be done ya know? But as for maps itself yeah I want something where you'd find a hard time seeing other players which would be more fun if you ask me. Best I do for now is lower the brightness of the game and go to a really dark map though even then I see the other players fairly easy.

But anywho other days or plays on this would be great! Maybe something where it's some kind of mansion at night or a museum of some sort. What I am planning on is remaking a map I had made for UT04 but had never released online. The idea for it was basically it to be an opera house during a lightning storm with very few lights except on the stage. Though back then I had used a techno version of the phantom of the opera but I think now I'd go with something far creepier or maybe no sound at all to enhance the feel!

Comment

Hey!

Its strange cos only recently, I have stated replaying Doom 3 also!!
          I think its such a good game, and the way the levels are put together, its just mint!
          I've been trying to make like a story type game, like Doom 3. But I have never known how to make a torch, because I think the main reason the game is so scary, is because of the dark areas

So I think its a great idea to make some darkish maps, to give it that spooky feeling

Comment

I'm actually in the process of constructing a small and very dark Warfare map to be released before Halloween.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadeMistress View Post
              I'm actually in the process of constructing a small and very dark Warfare map to be released before Halloween.
              oh cool what can we expect from it?

Comment

It's just a very, very small map that utilizes the lack of light and dense, rolling fog to conceal the players and vehicles.

Nothing really spectacular or horribly original. Other than that, I don't want to disclose any more info on it other than it should be seeing a release within the week.

Comment

Ah I see well still looking forward to it ^_^

Comment

It's been included in teh T5K Warfare Halloween Map Pack in teh Full Releases section... perhaps not quite as dark as I originally thought it would be, but things tend to be a tad brighter in game than they are in the editor sometimes.

Name of the map is Samhain.

Comment

Oh well I'm gonna have to go take a look then.

Comment

DM-BloodBathArena is pretty dark, has fog and bloodpool, blood waterfalls. Spooky tune plays.
                        http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=625273

Comment

sounds interesting gonna have to check that one out too.

Comment

Working...
                          X