[REQUEST] Improved Impact Hammer- No longer needs charging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REQUEST] Improved Impact Hammer- No longer needs charging

I have an idea to make the impact hammer more fun and enjoyable. The first thing that needs to happen is that the impact hammer deals maximum damage without you having to charge it up. Even if you do charge it up, it'll still do the same damage.

The next thing that could be done, (but may be harder), would be to make the impact hammer automatically fire (on maximum blast) when you slam on the "O" button (or the PC equivalent of that.) After that you can deal more max blows if you miss.

This way, the impact hammer can truly be a melee weapon. Who needs to smack people HALO style with your gun if you can instantly blow them up with the impact hammer? (Which is always on full blast. Remember that, now.)

I'd imagine that this mod would be fairly easy to make- you don't have to mess with custom models or anything. Just set the impact hammer to always deal maximum damage, and do a little bit of modding magic to make the hammer automatically fire when you pull it out.

On a final note- I'd like this to be cooked to PS3. (Since I don't have the PC version.)

Is anyone up for it?

What? NOBODY understands the significance of this mod?!

*runs around with head to the floor screaming*

Comment

The first bit would be easy but firing when you pull it out?

Why not double tap O?

Comment

You know what? You are right. There is no point in making it automatically fire... all I have to do is hit O and then R1. It only takes 1/2 a second, especially with fast weapon switch.

Originally posted by marilol View Post
        The first bit would be easy but firing when you pull it out?

Why not double tap O?

Comment

In that case, either ill eventually compile it or someone else can, i don't really have the time now.

Code:
          class UTWeap_SpeedHammer extends class UTWeap_ImpactHammer;

defaultproperties
          {
          InstantHitDamage(0)=100
          InstantHitDamage(1)=100

MaxChargeTime=0.5
          MinChargeTime=0.1

MaxDamage=150.0
          MinDamage=150.0

MinForce=80000.0
          MaxForce=200000.0
          }
          If compiled that should mean that the impact hammer instantly deals max damage.

Green is charge time in seconds, so 0.5s and 0.2s.

Red is damage.

Blue is the force, so right now its double so sends people flying.

Comment

Perfect! You can take your time, 'cause I'm not going back home until November. Of course, if anyone else wants a shot at this, that would be superb.

This mod would be awesome! I didn't know that you could change the force to make people go flying. It'll be hilarious if you just shower gibs and blood everywhere.

Comment

I'll do when i get back . I'd also like to see how this plays in a cramped deathmatch.

i cant cook for ps3, too confusing, but im gonna post a working pc version soon.

Comment

No problem. I'll see if I can find someone to cook it whenever it comes out (with your permission, of course.)

Comment

Originally posted by Gameslaya View Post
                  What? NOBODY understands the significance of this mod?!
                  The only significance I see is that it's for noobs who dunno how to dodge around long enough to survive while charging up...

I guess it could be sorta fun for about 5 minutes, but honestly just making a re-skinned IH as a new weapon entirely makes a little more sense to me... *shrug*

Comment

oh wow, i managed to get it working but the ps3 tools just confuse me totally.

If anyone else would like to cook it then please post or pm me!

Btw, reason i haven't said sooner is ause i was away all week!

Comment

Ok, i can now cook this for Ps3

On the side note for the character to jump towards the target you still need to hold down fire, but only for 0.5 seconds.

Comment

AWESOME! This'll be great for a IH noobie like me.

Let me know when you have it out.

Comment

Working...
                        X