No announcement yet.

Mutator Reuest-Bots do equal damage to humans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

giving the players the same weapon but allowing them do more damage (in the case of guns only) leads to only 1 of 3 conclusions

1) the devs don't give a ****
    2) the devs are incompetant
    3) the devs don't have the time or money to implement the proper fixes

The 3rd option I could let slide, but the first two, never

Comment

Originally posted by LDS-555 View Post
      giving the players the same weapon but allowing them do more damage (in the case of guns only) leads to only 1 of 3 conclusions
      There could possibly be a fourth and I do think this is the real reason:

4) Since bots aren't that big of a challenge, let's allow them to do more damamge to help even things out.

Why there is some logic to this, I don't think it's the best way to go about it. While bots will never give the same type of challenge as human players, they should try to mimic it as much as possible.

Comment

No, that's just a copout for not being able to make them a legitamate challenge, which means that its either of the first two

Comment

i remember in unreal the dificulty settings had huge effect on the ammount of damage you took.

Comment

That's because in older games, which usually have very simple AI, it's pretty much the only way (other than distribution of items) to control the difficulty of the game. These days, you don't have to worry quite so much about the strain of a few cpu cycles being used on more complex AI

Comment

Working...
            X