Mutator Reuest-Bots do equal damage to humans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutator Reuest-Bots do equal damage to humans

Being an offline player, the biggest thing that annoys me about the bots, is that they appear to do more damage to the player depending on their skill level.

I have tested this out by playing sniper rifle only matches and consistently the bots will do the same amount of damage per shot (assuming they don't shoot you in the head).

It would great if someone could make a mutator that keeps the default values for the different bot attributes, but limits the damage done to players to be equal what the players do to the bots.

If your really up to it, a mutator that can create a custom skill level for bots, would be best, but I am more interested in the cake, than the icing.

a bot with a sniper does no more or less damage than a human with a sniper

the only thing the skill changes is accuracy and their behavior

...or at least thats what the code leads me to believe...

Comment

I'm not sure. I've been playing a lot of UT2004 recently, and assuming that the bot AI works in a similar manner, the differences between difficulty levels do seem to indicate that some higher-level bots may do more or less damage.

The most obvious example of this is the final SP mission with Malcolm, where he seems to be able to kill you with only a couple of lucky hits with a link gun or minigun.

I may be imagining it however. I've not seen code to indicate this may be the case.

Comment

Well for the final boss of the SP tourney does use a setting above godlike, to make them crazy hard and what not, but I dont think it can be used outside of the last match

Comment

I really don't know how many types of hitboxes there are on the character and if they do different damage (head shot being an obvious difference). But in the testing I have done, even godlike bots will do the same amount of damage (and I am sure they have awesome accuracy! ).

Comment

what would be the point of making ai do more damage? that would be like cheating...
            and it wouldnt be logical: they use the same weapons, how can they deal more damage?

Comment

You're obviously not a programmer, are you ?

Comment

Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                You're obviously not a programmer, are you ?
                Isn't this more of a game design decision? A bad one at that imho.

Comment

I was more referring to the "but they use the same weapons" excuse

It's a pretty common design technique.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
                    what would be the point of making ai do more damage? that would be like cheating...
                    and it wouldnt be logical: they use the same weapons, how can they deal more damage?
                    In most games where the enemies use the same weapons as you, they deal less damage...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                      In most games where the enemies use the same weapons as you, they deal less damage...
                      any dev who would do that is being halfassed

Comment

Originally posted by LDS-555 View Post
                        any dev who would do that is being halfassed
                        It's pretty standard faire, actually. Many of them have different effects, as well. It goes clear back to Doom...

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                          It's pretty standard faire, actually. Many of them have different effects, as well. It goes clear back to Doom...
                          that doesn't excuse them for taking the lazy way out

Comment

UT3 is not a single player, one-man-army kind of game where the player needs to be stronger than everyone else. I see it as common sense that everyone in the tournament get the same weapons, which deal damage that is not defined by whose hands are holding it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjossi View Post
                              UT3 is not a single player, one-man-army kind of game where the player needs to be stronger than everyone else. I see it as common sense that everyone in the tournament get the same weapons, which deal damage that is not defined by whose hands are holding it.
                              Exactly, it would be like the NBA giving 2 points per free throw to the leagues top players.

I love the discussion, just waiting to see if anything can be done about it!

Comment

Working...
                              X