Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom faction for custom characters and duel weapons(like old ut99 Mut)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Cels1287 View Post
    Sinx u r The Man!!! ive been waitin for sumtin like this to drop outta the sky and now its almost here i love the way it seems to b model after a more configurable version of ut2k's old menus and it u get it running good enough for u,!
    Thanks. I'm at the point where 99% of my original goals have been implemented, so it's off to beta soon. Although I'll probably release one more alpha version.

u should enter it into MSU contest good luck and keep this beautiful piece of software alive!!
    I would but the only problem is that it's pretty impossible to fit MM into one of the categories, as none of them reflect the scope and the amount of work that has gone into MM, and the only possible category that it could fit into was only available for Phase 1 of the competition and I wasn't ready for that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sinx u r The Man!!! ive been waitin for sumtin like this to drop outta the sky and now its almost here i love the way it seems to b model after a more configurable version of ut2k's old menus and it u get it running good enough for u, u should enter it into MSU contest good luck and keep this beautiful piece of software alive!!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And clever it is Sinx, can't wait for Beta and thx for your help.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    MapMixer does provide its own replacement for the standard UT3 Front End. I've done this for two reasons: [1] To enable me to launch MapMixer hosted games more easily; and [2] To make the Main Menu customisable and quick loading.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yup i'm checking out the page and forum now, lol, ive played UT3 online with xPloSiV_gT, he's good, ok thx for the extra help i'm starting to figure it out, though i'll wait for beta till i use your program, MapMixer seems to me like a UT3frontend? forgive me if that question was totally stupid.

thx for the reply sinx ur awesome.

-----------------------------
    ...Warning, i will ask logically stupid questions...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Have a look at mapmixer.oceaniaut.com

Screenshots here

If you look about three quarters of the way down the page, you'll see the section there for "MapMixer Factions". You do it all from the UI. It uses the Characters that you install as normal and allows you to assign them to your own MapMixer Factions. No need to manually edit any ini files etc. Just install the custom characters that you've downloaded and go into the MapMixer Faction Editor and do the rest from there. These Factions are for use in MapMixer only.

Custom Taunts is not something I've spent any time on, so I can't comment on that for the moment.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    ooh i see MapMixer now, cool kewl looks good i'll keep a eye on it for beta stage, bookmarked. pZ follow aussie, im in QLD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thx im not very good at coding or meshing and only just started textures in the last year for IMVU. When i was copy/pasting lines in UTCustomChar for DJposses HiRes Screen Selection pic i saw this :

Faction="Ironguard",PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:Ch aracterUI.MetalGearSolid>"

PreviewImageMarkup="<Images:CharacterUI.MetalGearS olid>" ...is DJ's code

Faction="Ironguard" ...is onignal code, u think if i type "Ronin" instead that this particular model would be moved to the Ronin faction when selecting?

i see DJ used a .upk file for his GOW (and more) faction, so i guess i have to cook (is this the right term??) the .upk file in this MapMixer ? is that a part of UT3editer? if so i have that and will look for now or i'll try googling MapMixer,

but folks ive no experience, so i may never work it out myself, i wish i had more time for I.T. and GFX arts. I don't play games so much but i saw UT3 in the shops and it reminded me of the old days of UT99.

Whoever works out custom taunts will be a star.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    MapMixer Alpha 6 let's you create your own custom factions for use within MapMixer. You can easily shift characters between factions or make your own to put them in.

Just a word of warning. MapMixer is still in Alpha stages of development (although nearning beta) and needs to be treated as such.

Leave a comment:

• Custom faction for custom characters and duel weapons(like old ut99 Mut)

ive seen DJposse's custom factions for GOW characters and others but i want a single "Custom" faction for all random custom characters like the Bender, Zack and cloud so on, so i can get them out of the faction Iron Guard.

Duel weapons , i remember ut99 duel flak cannons (oh yea..)

I hope voices and sound for taunts is worked out soon, then i can have funny comments while gibing crazy characters.

A lot of creators are making obvious models like GOW and Malcom but don't you think that epic could easily make those character themselfs. You ppl should be making the characters that the makers of this game would never put in.
Working...
X