X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GIBS - Less pieces

Someone should create a mutator that allows less pieces for gibs
    For example:

the legs still connected to the torso but one of the legs torn off....

Also allow moveable corpes
    For example:

When walking into a corpes the corpes should move aswell

not a bad idea, so u could shoot off jus an arm or hand rite?

Comment

Sounds like a great idea, always wanted something like this too since seeing a body just burst into tiny bits everytime seems even less gory for some odd reason. Another good thing to add on to something like this would be like battle scars on a player as they take damage, though I'd imagine that's too much to do.

Comment

The battle scars would be hard to do.

Another idea i was thinking off is weapon jamming, though it would not suit UT3

Comment

ah I see what you're going for but yeah it doesn't seem to suit it since there isnt' a reload in general but the mutator i did like was the weapon drop, you drop something if you get hit hard enough sometimes, not often enough to annoy but often enough to make some good moments

Comment

mmmm had a thought, that the gibs would only be as would be expected from something, such as a flank shell taking off an arm or leg it hits but a head shot from a sniper rifle wouldn't take the whole head off but only a section of it.

Comment

We could use more interesting gibs...

Comment

holy **** Rurouni i didnt even think about that lol dat would b great.. kinda like Soldiers of Fortune

Comment

funny thing is I was actually thinking of the old N64 game Conker's Bad Fur Day, bad then I remember you could shoot someone with a rifle or revolver and see only a quarter of the head fly off and the rest would just be there spurting blood :P if it was a shot center up then you'd see the top part come off but if it was dead center or lower the whole thing would be gone! :P classic

Comment

i was also thinking of add spurting blood that only comes out from the head when you get a 'HEAD SHOT'

Comment

holy **** i love BFD i still play it on emulator frm time to time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Comment

Would be lovely if Epic did this in the beginning, like GoW did it, so why the hell did they drop it with UT3?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                          Would be lovely if Epic did this in the beginning, like GoW did it, so why the hell did they drop it with UT3?
                          Because it takes A LOT of time to make gibs that detailed. Not to mention the complications involved with custom characters...

Comment

Working...
                          X