Post Map Ideas Here!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Map Ideas Here!!!

just thought id make a new thread for this so ur not scrolling though 50 pages of ideas!

nyway i would like to see real-world locations like liberty island or hyde park put into UT3, how 'bout you?

We need more 1-on-1 maps, imo.

Comment

A CTF map which has a "team controled" trigger in the middle, that opens and closes the doors leading to the flags, depending on what team "controls" the trigger. If the blue team controls the trigger, the red flag becomes vulnerable, and vice-versa. The good thing: It would take more teamwork to make it to the enemy flag. The bad thing: no Bot support. You can't tell them "Stay there while i get the flag!"... I have the kismet sequence for the control trigger, i am building the map now...
      Sharing my idea

Comment

DM-Icetomb from 2k4 would be cool with the new shiny graphics plus it's a fun map to play

Comment

CTF-Switchback!!!

Comment

Dogtown

A remake of DM Dogtown would be great. There were a lot of great maps in UT2004 that should be remade for UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Staward View Post
              A CTF map which has a "team controled" trigger in the middle, that opens and closes the doors leading to the flags, depending on what team "controls" the trigger. If the blue team controls the trigger, the red flag becomes vulnerable, and vice-versa. The good thing: It would take more teamwork to make it to the enemy flag. The bad thing: no Bot support. You can't tell them "Stay there while i get the flag!"... I have the kismet sequence for the control trigger, i am building the map now...
              Sharing my idea
              Right and once you have the enemy flag how are you supposed to get back to it without having the enemy controlling the switch?

Comment

My little brother just pointed out to me how the node-based gameplay of UT3 is similar to the flag system in World Of Warcraft's player vs. player areas.

I'd like to see a warfare map based on the Arathi Basin.

I'd also like to see some of the assault maps from ut99 and ut2k4.

But what I'd really like to see is some water vehicles. That beach area in the Crysis demo with all the water and the boats...SO MUCH FUN. Warefare desperately needs water vehicles. At the very least a hovercraft or something that can work on land & water.

Comment

boats

I've always thought my old high school would make a great game level for: Tony Hawk, Counterstrike, Rainbow six.

But for UT3 I think the monastery on the hill above the school would be good.
                  I'll try to get some photos of it next weekend.

There's an area of the Atlantis Resort on Paradise Island, The Bahamas that has a small circular courtyard between 2 towers (of hotel rooms) with a long stepped series of fountains extending down the the beach. Sniper heaven.

Here it is on google maps: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...03744&t=h&z=18

And just to the right of it there's a nice beach/water/islands area that would make a great warfare map...if we had boats....

Request: a remake of antalus from ut2k4

Comment

While I was fooling round whit kismet igot an idea about an deathmatchs type where you have lots of hidden trapps like falling floor and trigger traps like the vakuum room in original UT.
                    Whould be fun to play againts other players and have to check the enviroment.
                    Another idéa on the same principel is like the SAW movies where you and/or other player walk trough rooms full of traps in a race against another team and trigger traps on the enemis that finally leads to a room where its last man standig.

Comment

the best map to put in is not a real map but a poplur map, well to the big clans, counter strike map De dust, this would be good to port it over,

also to be cooked for ps3

Comment

Originally posted by Syphix View Post
                        Right and once you have the enemy flag how are you supposed to get back to it without having the enemy controlling the switch?
                        Your door opens automatically when you come close to it.

Comment

Working...
                        X