No announcement yet.

Limited Weapon Inventory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COD4 multiplayer is addictive just like UT3's can be. For me its like this: COD4 allows enough customisation graphics-wise to make it play great and look the best it can look on your machine. But UT3 is less customisable and runs much slower than cod4 for me. But the disadvantage of COD4 multiplayer is that it depends on ping TOO much. You see an enemy you fire and although you are sure you got him, moments later the game tells you he killed you. WTF? you say. On killcam you see that you didnt fire at all. Thats because of your high ping. jeez. While in unreal even with the 'lag" that comes wih high ping it is still much easier to play online.

What I would like to see is an on-demand killcam for ut3 that you could get after you die, by pressing F before you respawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Kinnison View Post
      What I would like to see is an on-demand killcam for ut3 that you could get after you die, by pressing F before you respawn.
      +1, this should go into the 1.4 request thread. Not cuz it's a gotta-have feature, but it'd be sweet. I guess this needs demorec to work though.

Comment

Kinnison I aree with pretty much everything you said. In particular, I do agree that COD4's gameplay is simple but still very addictive. UT3 is also an addictive game, the difference being that for me, I don't feel ripped off after a session of UT3. I feel like I've wasted so much of my life after a session of camper of duty 4 whereas I don't really feel that as much after playing a few matches in UT3.*

*Yes I know that time spent on any game is an unproductive use of time in most cases. I just said what I did to illustrate one of the non-gameplay related differences between cod4 and ut3.

Comment

Originally posted by JumaAm View Post
          A weapon inventory where a player can only have 3 weapons limit.
          They have to drop other weapons to carry another weapon (limited to 3).

This gives more tactical gameplay.
          Use with weapon respawn mutator
          It can be nice... right?

Comment

Originally posted by Phtisicus View Post
            It can be nice... right?

thnx, thats the only nice thing i've heard, from this thread
            It's just an idea... right?

Comment

i would like som tactical gameplay. (don't tell me to play cod cuase i already do..) I would lov to see this mutator

Comment

thnx Phtisicus
                we need tactical gameplay
                thats all im asking

Comment

The Unreal franchise could learn a lot from certain other shooters. However, UT3 has been around for almost a year and whoever decided to stick with it probably likes it just the way it is. With any game, after a while only the hardcore crowd remains. That is why, on this forum, any idea that departs from hardcore UT3 mechanics will be flamed. Doesn't mean it's a bad idea, just means that the hardcore crowd doesn't like it.

Catering to the hardcore crowd kills innovation in game sequels. It is also a good way to ensure the sequel does not appeal to a larger crowd and/or sell more copies than its predecessor.

Comment

How would it be more tactical to have only 3 weapons, if you have 6, you still have to decide which one you're going to use at that point in time anyway.
                    Although, on the other hand, how many weapons do people use in a match? Not many I guess, unless you run out of ammo for your favourite(s).

Comment

I was trying to make it more GOW style
                      seeing as the models are getting done and the weapons are getting there

hopefully when we get the cover system

ALL OF YOU SHOULDN'T USE IT
                      So why not go buy GOW?

Comment

thnx Phtisicus
                        we need tactical gameplay
                        thats all im asking
                        UT3 isnt about tactial gameplay, its a old school twitch shooter, its about aim and movement skills. Gb2GOW

Comment

I think it's a good idea, since after all people used to turn UT into so many different things! I remember riding nukes, tossing out little dolls that blow up city blocks, and such. Besides it wouldn't be that much different than how Unreal Championship 2 plays.

Comment

i think its pretty cool idea idk y but to limit weapons in an already mut-ted up and modded out dm game of ut sounds very interesting... only if i could code lol good idea dude!!!

Comment

i'm mostly not afraid to say that this is the kind of thing that i always want to see implemented in any shooter. i thing of it as flexibility. just like how so many parts of this game were customizable in the past. (my favorite being bot skills and behaviour). i for one would not use it, but it could be something else that gives this game the replayablility and accesability that others are looking for. that said, i admit that more pressing matters are afoot for this game, but as an idea, this has more merit in my opinion than others may make it sound.

i also think that any thing that creative people can produce for this game that gives players more optios, the better. i just opt not to use most of them.

Comment

I was trying to make it more GOW style
                                You want to change every aspect in the game to make it "more GOW style"
                                Why dont you just go play GOW then

Comment

Working...
                                X