UT3 Assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Assault

So, I am going to be opening up a new mod soon, with ideas in mind for an UT3 Assault mod (since it's lacking yet again from the new version of UT). I've got the site up and ready to go. What I want from the community because obviously this mod will be like VCTF but Assault style.

First things first.
    We will try to in our best ability to replicate UT99 assault style. Plus any additional features we wished to have seen or wanted and never received.

So, I want the community to put forward some ideas, comments suggestions.
    I'm sure few and far between that remember the real assault played back in the UT99 Era on some of the DAMIT servers. I want to make real content packed maps. We're going to take the UT99 Assault system in pretext and bring it up to the UT3 standards, not basing it on UT2k4. The UT99 assault style was fast, action packed and full of fun content.

Noted Features:
    Since UT99 did not have vehicles, some maps will not have vehicles this depends on mappers choice.
    We will try our best to replicate original UT99 Assault maps up to UT3 Par, while not losing touch with the original maps design and ideas.
    We want to have content that is embracing of the UT99 assault play style, but still embrace the new game style of UT3 without being overbearing.

Vehicle's that won't be included for 'attacking' teams will be selective based on strategical map design. Like for instance raptors on both side could lead to a 'faster' and disadvantage too the attackers being able to win quicker.

After that obviously generic assault strategies still apply from UT99. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatful. I hope to also get some PS3 modders and testers open to make sure we can have assault for both PC and PS3 available.

UT3 Assault ---

please learn to use the search button, there are dozens of threads on it and a number of other people working on their own assault mod, and one such person who is far enough long to have a video demo of it in action

Comment

I am part of the original UT2k3 Assault mod team I have all the sources ready to go and enough of it ready to just publish but, It needs some polishing. Functionality and gameplay are there already. Just wanted more pinpoints from the community.

Comment

ah, well thats lovely~

well for starters, support for reverseable gameplay so that the defense isn't limited to just holding the attackers off but also pushing them back.
        Extendable time limits, i.e. the offense has only 5 minutes to do something or they will loose, though when they get it it grants them more time to use. An example would be that a satillite will blast open access to the lower base, but only if the shield is brought down while its over the target.

As long as you have the all the types of objectives covered I think you're good. Also how do you feel about other people adapting your assault mod into theirs because that would save me a hell of a lot of time.

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with that. I have to generate a lot of cotent for it, I.E. Graphics, (not sure if there are turrets I haven't bothered with those features yet.) Other than that, most of the other functionality is there, it would only take a few weeks of scripting to polish the gameplay off, it would however take a few more months to properly get maps setup to test with and gameplay working right. But other than that I am ok with that. http://assault.sbin.us/

Comment

As LDS-555 said it, there is already a post about assault on this forum (http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...587517&page=18) where I have replied and posted a video (http://files.filefront.com/UT3+assau.../fileinfo.html)
            I have seriously started to code an assault gametype for UT3, so please contact me if you are interested to help.

Comment

bumping this

Comment

A humble request from a player, not a modder:

Could the three or four assault teams get in touch and turn out one good assault mode with all of the features, instead of 3 mediocre ones, as happened with Invasion? (Actually, Galtanor's invasion is supposed to be pretty good, I shouldn't slam the invasion mods without having played them all)

Comment

Originally posted by brisingre View Post
                  A humble request from a player, not a modder:

Could the three or four assault teams get in touch and turn out one good assault mode with all of the features, instead of 3 mediocre ones, as happened with Invasion? (Actually, Galtanor's invasion is supposed to be pretty good, I shouldn't slam the invasion mods without having played them all)
                  that would be nice, especially since there is no reason not to work together

Comment

Maybe some UT2004 assault maps can be remade. I liked AS-MotherShip, espacially the reference to Unreal I. Most assault maps from UT2004 give some backstory on the Unreal universe. And if we make some new maps, then some of them could describe the war with the necris.

Comment

Working...
                    X