• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whitsel View Post
    For me = real simple, Kantham....

GoW = no bots
    GoW2 = bots but no PC version, atleast for another year or so

If GoWPC had bots, even if only for the retail maps, then I would totally go out and buy it again. The SP campaign is great, but so linear that it gets repetitive quite quickly and if you have a crappy connection 70% of the time and no connection 30% of the time then your out of luck playing online(as I know that would be the next claim you and every other "just buy GoW" person would say) :P
    yep i agree totally, i myself have a crappy connection 70% of the time and no connection 30% of the time

Comment

Well I still stand by my opinion in thinking it would be easier to mod bot support into GoW than to entirely recreate the gameplay in UT3. I actually looked at the maps and decided to put some bot spawners in and could hold a game. Obviously the gametype doesn't properly work and scores are not present but I am sure with a bit of editting of the code it could be present.

I'll put it this way, I achieved more by trying to edit the GoW maps than I would ever do recreating it in UT3. So I am sure that someone with a lot more experience in the coding of GoW could probably give it a good attempt and probably achieve it.

Comment

i dont think he wants to fully recreate it, jus give ut3 a GoW feel. JumaAm has a good point though... Its UT one of, if not the most modded and mutated game in the world, We are getting almost all the characters, a few people are making the guns and the maps are on the way! He just wanna make ut3 appeal more to him. If i could mod i would give dis a shot. i to have both games for pc and gears just lacks da mp feel ut gives. Bot Support

Comment

well, actually, i just want the cover system gameplay , whether it's gears or not.

since now we already got gears stuff, the action camera and gears model is the main part, but it's the cover system that makes gears plays so great, which ut 3 mod lacks,

but i think it's really a tough job ...

Comment

check first page, BTW if i missed anything tell me

Comment

Ill say this. A Gears/Killzone Cover system for UTIII in third person would be different but to give it Gears weapons and play style. Id rather play the real game. However I would say Gears weapons in first person UT style might be a good idea. Also some GoW vehicles. made up or official would be cool too.

Comment

play real gears game is not the reason, there're not many custom maps with bot support,capture the flag?impossible,

so make a gears mod for ut 3 is the best way, and it's possible, more fun in gameplay,
                and bot fully support, also a horde version is fun too..

if epic make ut in to gears play style, that will be great, but they don't
                and ut 3 will be much better if it's a FPS with over the shoulder mutator game,and a cover system addon....

Comment

Strange... seems some people want UT to be gears of war and others want UT to be UT again.

Comment

I know, it sucks to be honest, this mod request section is being spammed by gears lovers.

Get this: I reallly loved resistance fall of man, but im annoyed that its ps3 only, i still don't go around telling others to make their favourite games into another game.

Either get a 360 or leave ut3 alone, its like gears enough as it is!!!

Comment

buying 360 is not a option, bacuase many pc gamer didn't show much interest in other 360 game, only gears of war, and no gears 2 for pc....

many people like me already played ut for a long time, since ut99,

and there's no need to continue play the old style, that's why epic made gears born,

ut 2004 did a great job, but gears series just beat ut 3...

there's no gears 2 for pc, so we can't play big battle,and more cover and shoot style,

but ut 3 is a good platform to establish that, and fun gameplay,

so we hope this could be true, now a cover system mod is in working, really a key feature...

i think many people flame this idea is funny.....

pc is always a mod platform ,people use imagination and made alot of stuff,

there's a ski mod for ut 3,why don't you say go play other ski game?

there's a master chief model for ut 3, why don't you say go play Halo?

and there's also a unreal 2d mod, why don't you say go and play old school 2d game in 1980s?
                      and leave ut 3 alone?

it's the same reason as gears for ut 3...people love it and want it add in,

Comment

Originally posted by darksin View Post
                        buying 360 is not a option, bacuase many pc gamer didn't show much interest in other 360 game, only gears of war, and no gears 2 for pc....

many people like me already played ut for a long time, since ut99,

and there's no need to continue play the old style, that's why epic made gears born,

ut 2004 did a great job, but gears series just beat ut 3...

there's no gears 2 for pc, so we can't play big battle,and more cover and shoot style,

but ut 3 is a good platform to establish that, and fun gameplay,

so we hope this could be true, now a cover system mod is in working, really a key feature...

i think many people flame this idea is funny.....

pc is always a mod platform ,people use imagination and made alot of stuff,

there's a ski mod for ut 3,why don't you say go play other ski game?

there's a master chief model for ut 3, why don't you say go play Halo?

and there's also a unreal 2d mod, why don't you say go and play old school 2d game in 1980s?
                        and leave ut 3 alone?

it's the same reason as gears for ut 3...people love it and want it add in,
                        1. The snowreal mod makes the game more intresting and you can go multiplayer free roam, which i haven't seen on a lot of snowboarding games.

2. I like playing as masterchief because it means i don't have to look like marcus phoenix's inbred cousin.

3. Because ut2d makes the game a helluva lot more interesting.

I may have only found out about ut from ut2k4 but i sure know that it sucks now thta it has the gow feel.

And what does your first sentence mean? Buying a 360 isn't the option because many people won't be playing it on their pc"?

Comment

well,on the contrary, gears gameplay for ut 3 will be the best idea mod, that's why the over the shoulder mod is so popular,and people want more, it's different gameplay, why do you think it sucks?

yes you can find other mod interesting, surely other people find gears play style mod interesting too, currently there's a haunted mod play like resident evil 4, is that sucks? hell no,

and gears style is the same, even better choice,because of the action changed, what makes you think it suck? just because gears of war is a stand alone game,and that's enough? if you prefer FPS, just stick to original ut 3...

about 360, some people say if you want to play gears style you buy a 360 and just play gears, leave ut 3 alone,

well, the answer is many people like me are pc only gamer, they show no interest in most 360 games, we never care about what game is on 360, if some of them port to pc ,that's good, if no, doesn't matter,

ut 3 is a pc game, and gears of war 1 is on pc, we played it and the gameplay is fun,so we got a chance to change the ut 3 gameplay as gears, since we already played ut for nearly 10 years. gears gameplay could bring more fun..there're many other games play similar to gears style, this ut 3 gears mod idea is the same way,that's all,
                          so that buying a 360 to play gears has nothing to do with this mod idea...

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
                            i don't have to look like marcus phoenix's inbred cousin.
                            LOL , The CRAZY Reaper

Comment

So why the hell do you want a mod to make ut3 gears, when u have gears 1 for pc?

Comment

Working...
                              X