Put the "Tournament" back in UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimbreWolf View Post
    That would be cool. Do a decent job of it and stick in all the old sounds and music (trophy room anyone?) and it would be a guaranteed classic.
    Definately! I like the idea of a trophy room..

Originally posted by brisingre View Post
    Honestly, if there are only three maps left unmade at this point, I doubt it will be too long before somebody makes them...
    Hope so!

Originally posted by brisingre View Post
    Is there a possibility of a multiplayer tournament mode based of of duel/dm? (Could be structured with a Ladder, or by rotating the winner or loser out (we do have the survival mutator for loser out already))
    That sounds like a really good idea.

I like the idea of an actual online Tournament ladder for DM, where you go through a series of maps (recommended player count for each map or something) and like the top scorers move into the next match against the top scorers from another game that was also going (and the bottom halves play again in a different map too, so even if you keep losing you get to play a few games and have a few chances)

Eventually, the top handful of players would battle it out for a few matches until a "final duel" in the last map, with the top 2 players
    (Need to go into more detail about how the matches work..)

(I can't make it though, need a good programmer... anyone? )

Comment

I have plans to bring back the Tournament for UT3 as an addition to MapMixer but it's still a way off, as I have other things to accomplish before I can look at that specifically. However, everything I do now could be seen as part of the backbone of a tournament system. More on that when the time arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
        I have plans to bring back the Tournament for UT3 as an addition to MapMixer but it's still a way off, as I have other things to accomplish before I can look at that specifically. However, everything I do now could be seen as part of the backbone of a tournament system. More on that when the time arrives.
        I had a look at your project, its defenitly going to help with a tournament mod, and yeah, it still a way off. But keep us up to date on how it goes, specially the bot selection.

Looking forward to your progress.

Comment

they only thing about a tournament mode is
          There isnt enough Teams
          in UT2k4 there was how many?
          while UT3 one has 4 factions

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
            All in good time - no rush. If it's worth doing it's worth doing well. (Are you listening Epic? )

Comment

Originally posted by Th3 Duk3 View Post
              I had a look at your project, its defenitly going to help with a tournament mod, and yeah, it still a way off. But keep us up to date on how it goes, specially the bot selection.

Looking forward to your progress.
              I've done a fair amount in the Faction Editor, which allows you to create new Factions and edit Character Attributes, as well as clone them and assign unique names and attributes.

Keep an eye on the mapmixer site and forums for more info and future alpha releases. Once I've finished the Faction Editor and one other related thing, I'll be releasing Alpha 6.

Here's a screenshot of one of the 4 List View modes in the Faction Editor:

I've still got massive problems with my project due to the fact that Epic still haven't implemented the ClearConfig() functions in the Core Object Class. However, as usual, I have a nasty work-around for that one :S

Comment

yes I get you!! we need a tournament ladder in UT3! I agree dude! that would rock!! the campaign is good in UT3 but I miss the tournament ladder!! UT FTW!!

Comment

If ya'll wanna do this right, I suggest we start figuring out how to make movies in UEd, 'cause I got a solid storyline for the next tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by Devil-In View Post
                    If ya'll wanna do this right, I suggest we start figuring out how to make movies in UEd, 'cause I got a solid storyline for the next tournament.
                    Do tournaments need stories?

Comment

Originally posted by CryHavoc196 View Post
                      Do tournaments need stories?
                      Personally I don't think it needs much of a story, but something would be nice. Maybe an intro cinematic to introduce you to the general scenario surrounding the tournament (somewhat like UT99), and one at the end too.

..needs some kind of story in relation to an "elite team" who's leader you will ultimately face at the end.. otherwise you're just fighting some random guy. (could even be Xan again..?)

Comment

Originally posted by sneh View Post
                        ..needs some kind of story in relation to an "elite team" who's leader you will ultimately face at the end.. otherwise you're just fighting some random guy. (could even be Xan again..?)
                        I think it should be Lauren and her Iron Guard
                        She was always kickass in the games and since she's a team leader now it would make sense

Ohh and BTW Sinx, that looks freakin' awesome
                        i really hope this tourny thing works out

Comment

Sry for the double post
                          but i just got a faction idea
                          a faction called "The Black Hand" and it can be a bunch of Ronin with helmets
                          Their back story can be something along the lines of:

"I secret group of assassins rise to seek glory in the grand tournament. A recent streak of failed hits has brought shame to their clan, only winning the tournament can redeem them."

Comment

Maps are getting closer, I now have Hyperblast

DM-Hyperblast Classic

Comment

I'm working on a Tournament for my next few tutorials; loading and saving profiles, setting up the ladder system and handling wins / losses and such. It's a very spare time project however, and I have no intention of duplicating the old tournaments or adding a story.

Comment

awesome mod idea!
                                *subscribing to thread*
                                btw: is the preset Character data used [from the UTCustomChar.ini file in the My Games folder]?, or do you make them?

Comment

Working...
                                X