Put the "Tournament" back in UT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put the "Tournament" back in UT

this would be a HUGE mod but wouldnt it be kool if some one made a tournament mode for UT3?

Originally posted by CryHavoc196 View Post
    this would be a HUGE mod but wouldnt it be kool if some one made a tournament mode for UT3?
    what exactly do you mean??

Comment

Like the single player modes of the last game
      this one had a campaign, but it wasn't exactly a tournament.

I think it would be kool to have a Mod that has a Tournament mode
      that would make it kinda like UT2k4's single player
      where you go though a ladder, pick your team, and fight other various teams til you get to the top.

and then you have to fight that one really hard person at the end like every UT.

Comment

Like the single player modes of the last game
        this one had a campaign, but it wasnt exactly a tournament.

I tihnk it would be kool to have a Mod that has a Tournament mode
        that would make it kindal ike UT2k4's single player
        where you go though a ladder, pick your team, and fight other various teams til you get to the top.

and then you have to fight that one really hard person at the end like every UT.
        Yeah I totally agree!

I'm in the process of trying to set up something along those lines in MapMixer, at the moment I've just got a basic ladder set up and each map has the correct opponents / frag limits..
        Not the same as UT2004 exactly.. It's possible to expand on though, I'm looking into it

This is an ingame screenshot of the menu, with the maps i've set up in order
        (UT99 deathmatch ladder)

Comment

looks awesome!!!!!
          Dude, you gotta keep me updated on this!

Comment

I had a similar plan to try and get every ut'99 remade and put into a TC mod for an ultimate classic UT mod. Alas its hardwork mapping to the detail required, and I have so many other things going on.

Its a shame CTF-Nucleus wasn't in the original ladder.

I am glad to see Peak in your ladder though sneh

Comment

Originally posted by Syphix View Post
              I had a similar plan to try and get every ut'99 remade and put into a TC mod for an ultimate classic UT mod. Alas its hardwork mapping to the detail required, and I have so many other things going on.

Its a shame CTF-Nucleus wasn't in the original ladder.

I am glad to see Peak in your ladder though sneh
              Yes I really enjoy that one, and your CTF maps too! Would be good to have the CTF ladder as well, eventually, and probably sneak CTF-Nucleus in there too, as a bonus

For deathmatch ladder, only DM-Barricade, DM-KGalleon and DM-Hyperblast are unmade at this stage..

Comment

I'm so sick of thinking of something, and coming hear to see that someone already posted their version of it...

Maybe we all need to quit talking, and start working?

Comment

Originally posted by sneh View Post
                  Yes I really enjoy that one, and your CTF maps too! Would be good to have the CTF ladder as well, eventually, and probably sneak CTF-Nucleus in there too, as a bonus

For deathmatch ladder, only DM-Barricade, DM-KGalleon and DM-Hyperblast are unmade at this stage..
                  *sigh*
                  maybe you can substitute similar maps for them
                  like Deimos is similar to Hyperblast...

Comment

*sigh*
                    maybe you can substitute similar maps for them
                    like Deimos is similar to Hyperblast...
                    well, yeah why not for now

Comment

And not for long
                      Bret is making Hyperblast!
                      http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=619715

Comment

lol, I just stumbled on the 1st thread about "tournament". Find it here:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=595769

just glad to see there is still interest, I would LOVE to see it making its way into UT3!!!!

Comment

That would be cool. Do a decent job of it and stick in all the old sounds and music (trophy room anyone?) and it would be a guaranteed classic.

Comment

Honestly, if there are only three maps left unmade at this point, I doubt it will be too long before somebody makes them...

Is there a possibility of a multiplayer tournament mode based of of duel/dm? (Could be structured with a Ladder, or by rotating the winner or loser out (we do have the survival mutator for loser out already))

Comment

Originally posted by brisingre View Post
                              Honestly, if there are only three maps left unmade at this point, I doubt it will be too long before somebody makes them...

Is there a possibility of a multiplayer tournament mode based of of duel/dm? (Could be structured with a Ladder, or by rotating the winner or loser out (we do have the survival mutator for loser out already))
                              Hmmm
                              that would be interesting
                              I know there are RTS's with that
                              i fighter games with that
                              it would be interesting to see it on UT

Comment

Working...
                              X