This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360 Content Ripping?

Is anyone ambitious enough to rip that content from the 360 version of UT3 and port it to PC?

It's not possible.

Comment

Well hey, if we can't rip it we can recreate it. I'm willing to do some concept art sketches after I look at the new maps and character models. I have no desire to code or do mapping of my own at the moment; I've got 2 jobs during the weekdays and I start back in college in August. I am a very speedy illustrator so I could have a pic within a couple of hours.

Comment

technically the disks can be ripped to the computer via the way xbox modding is done, but i have no idea if you can access the files or if they can even be opened in the pc editor and resaved

Comment

Well actually you can hack into the content on a 360 game. It has been done for several games but in this case there really is no point. The content on the 360 version is the same as the PS3 and PC versions. Personally i'd rather be playing the PC version over a console any day. Ut was made for the PC and sorry for all the PS3 gamers out there but thats where it should stay.

Comment

Anything is possible. If you connect to a server containing the 'select' mods when you don't already have them installed, are they downloaded automatically? A similar method was used to rip GameCube disks (which, if anyone didn't know, are burned BACKWARDS and encrypted).

Comment

Working...
            X