360's Exclusives MODs for PC and PS3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jbizzler View Post
    Epic said that if they couldn't open up the 360 version to mods, they'd port the best ones themselves.
    Yes they did and what I think they mean by that is that the best mods are the ones that win the various MSUC phases and 360 users will get a DLC with the winner of the maps, mutators, and character categories. Maybe even a gametype. It makes sense otherwise who is really to say which are the best ones. So while it may take some time to happen much like UT360 when it gets here it will be totally worth it.

Comment

No doubt Epic LDs have done an astonishing job in creating superb mods, but in IMHO there are a few maps published in this community that have many advantages over the stocked ones. Designing levels and characters requires artistic abilities and there are always diamonds in the rough (this takes nothing away from the artists at Epic). Anyhow that's really besides the point. Even if the product is released with 50 maps it is still very exciting to download and play NEW mod every now and then. So, I don't think releasing a few of the current best maps with 360 (whatever way they decide) is nearly the same thing as being able to download new stuff.

For the benefit of the 360 players I hope they get to open up the 360 version to mods. UT3 is a great product and I hope people can enjoy it on as many platforms as can support it

Cheers

Comment

I heard that Epic would release the user created content from the ps3 as free dlc for the 360. Does anyone know if this could be happening?

Comment

Originally posted by puckhog840 View Post
          I heard that Epic would release the user created content from the ps3 as free dlc for the 360. Does anyone know if this could be happening?
          Epic are the only ones who know for sure, but I don't think it'll happen in the way you're hoping. For example, I have around 380 user-created maps on my PS3, not counting mutators, characters, weapons etc. They total well over 8GB, compressed, so a fair size for download. And there's a lot more content out there that is available for PC that hasn't been cooked for PS3.

It would seem more likely that Anuban's right, and that any downloadable content heading 360-wards will comprise the winning maps, mutators & characters from MSU. As he says, who's to decide what's "the best"? Some maps I think are absolutely brilliant, but other people have decided they don't like them at all, so at the end of the day it really comes down to matter of opinion, & choice.

After all's said & done, only time will tell, so I guess we just have to wait & see

Comment

Working...
          X