Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Alex D View Post
    Sure, people will probably make their own versions, but when it comes down to it they won't be the same maps.
    Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
    For many it will, no knock against the mappers working on their own versions, but for lots of folks the professional level designers at Epic are the best in the biz and people would like to have the ones done by them that have the usual Epic polish and solid graphics and gameplay. Epic's attention to detail on their retail maps are just incredible despite lots of people not giving them the credit they fully deserve (which is fine because the professional reviewers definitely recognize their talent). Me I want both the retail maps and the ones done by the community but I am not getting the 360 version with its lack of mods just for five extra maps when I have so many mods and will have even more in the near future. I mean I can add to my content on a weekly basis if I want ... that is just something 360 gamers won't be able to experience.

I counted my mods that I have for the PS3 and I have 112 total and many folks actually have more so mods are definitely cool but pro work is pro work and Epic art junkies who love the overall style of UT3 really would want the levels done by the Epic LDs.
    Not to bash Epic or anything, but there are plenty of user-created maps that have pushed beyond Epic's stock maps in terms of creativity and quality. No one is going to be disappointed that they're not getting a few '360 exclusives' when there are plenty of better maps out there already for the PC and PS3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If this thread turns into a platform war then Wartourist is just going to close it so you may want to stop with the comparisons between the two versions. And since I did the PS3 testing for the CBP3 you bet I tested DM-August and it is definitely one of the best maps around. It definitely is retail quality and I have it picked to place in the MSUC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by vortexbubbles View Post
    Not to be a fanboy or anything but the 360 is outdated.. the only reason people like it is becuase of live which is brilliant, and is what sony's ps3 lacks in. Ut3 plays best on ps3 overall.
    I'm just going to have to disagree with that whole string right there...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Not to be a fanboy or anything but the 360 is outdated.. the only reason people like it is becuase of live which is brilliant, and is what sony's ps3 lacks in. Ut3 plays best on ps3 overall.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    well

have you played DM-August ofthe community bonus pack? its not done by an epic artist but IMHO it looks better than many (even most) of the stock maps. Same goes for some other maps (not many tho)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by feisar32 View Post
    Does it matter?
    For many it will, no knock against the mappers working on their own versions, but for lots of folks the professional level designers at Epic are the best in the biz and people would like to have the ones done by them that have the usual Epic polish and solid graphics and gameplay. Epic's attention to detail on their retail maps are just incredible despite lots of people not giving them the credit they fully deserve (which is fine because the professional reviewers definitely recognize their talent). Me I want both the retail maps and the ones done by the community but I am not getting the 360 version with its lack of mods just for five extra maps when I have so many mods and will have even more in the near future. I mean I can add to my content on a weekly basis if I want ... that is just something 360 gamers won't be able to experience.

I counted my mods that I have for the PS3 and I have 112 total and many folks actually have more so mods are definitely cool but pro work is pro work and Epic art junkies who love the overall style of UT3 really would want the levels done by the Epic LDs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hmmm - if you meant that the 360 has all the maps that the PC & PS3 have, then in terms of stock maps, probably. In terms of the several hundred user-created maps out there, highly unlikely
    yea, some "exclusive" maps are nothing compared to the massive amount of user created content for the PC and PS3.

And I don't see what's to stop the highly-talented mappers out there creating versions of the 360 maps for PC/PS3. As Bi()ha2arD said, he & Cr4zyB4st4rd are making a damned fine job of Downtown Necris ...
    thx

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sure, people will probably make their own versions, but when it comes down to it they won't be the same maps.
    Does it matter?

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Or rather pwned by complete and utter misinformation.

The 360 has all the maps the 360 and PS3 has, along with the bonus pack maps, a couple of necrified versions of maps and the couple of exclusive new ones. Being on a DVD doesn't limit it as the game's only 8gb anyway. We more than likely won't be getting the 360 exclusive maps on the PC or PS3.
    Hmmm - if you meant that the 360 has all the maps that the PC & PS3 have, then in terms of stock maps, probably. In terms of the several hundred user-created maps out there, highly unlikely And I don't see what's to stop the highly-talented mappers out there creating versions of the 360 maps for PC/PS3. As Bi()ha2arD said, he & Cr4zyB4st4rd are making a damned fine job of Downtown Necris ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
    7 maps?!? lol?
    eurm?
    pwned by microsoft i guess.
    Or rather pwned by complete and utter misinformation.

The 360 has all the maps the 360 and PS3 has, along with the bonus pack maps, a couple of necrified versions of maps and the couple of exclusive new ones. Being on a DVD doesn't limit it as the game's only 8gb anyway. We more than likely won't be getting the 360 exclusive maps on the PC or PS3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wait till Epic unfurl a new bonus back in a few months time once demand for the 360 version has gone down.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Hushpuppy View Post
    But the PS3 and PC still have 24 maps while the xbox have only 5 ( 7 including the exclusives) due to the DVD.
    7 maps?!? lol?
    eurm?
    pwned by microsoft i guess.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Dark Borrelnoot View Post
    I want bombing run on the 360!
    not possible....the xbox 360 has been given splitscreen mode and 2 exclusive maps. To make up for the modding.

But the PS3 and PC still have 24 maps while the xbox have only 5 ( 7 including the exclusives) due to the DVD.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I want bombing run on the 360!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X