No announcement yet.

360's Exclusives MODs for PC and PS3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to be a fanboy or anything but the 360 is outdated.. the only reason people like it is becuase of live which is brilliant, and is what sony's ps3 lacks in. Ut3 plays best on ps3 overall.

Comment

Originally posted by vortexbubbles View Post
      Not to be a fanboy or anything but the 360 is outdated.. the only reason people like it is becuase of live which is brilliant, and is what sony's ps3 lacks in. Ut3 plays best on ps3 overall.
      I'm just going to have to disagree with that whole string right there...

Comment

If this thread turns into a platform war then Wartourist is just going to close it so you may want to stop with the comparisons between the two versions. And since I did the PS3 testing for the CBP3 you bet I tested DM-August and it is definitely one of the best maps around. It definitely is retail quality and I have it picked to place in the MSUC.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex D View Post
          Sure, people will probably make their own versions, but when it comes down to it they won't be the same maps.
          Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
          For many it will, no knock against the mappers working on their own versions, but for lots of folks the professional level designers at Epic are the best in the biz and people would like to have the ones done by them that have the usual Epic polish and solid graphics and gameplay. Epic's attention to detail on their retail maps are just incredible despite lots of people not giving them the credit they fully deserve (which is fine because the professional reviewers definitely recognize their talent). Me I want both the retail maps and the ones done by the community but I am not getting the 360 version with its lack of mods just for five extra maps when I have so many mods and will have even more in the near future. I mean I can add to my content on a weekly basis if I want ... that is just something 360 gamers won't be able to experience.

I counted my mods that I have for the PS3 and I have 112 total and many folks actually have more so mods are definitely cool but pro work is pro work and Epic art junkies who love the overall style of UT3 really would want the levels done by the Epic LDs.
          Not to bash Epic or anything, but there are plenty of user-created maps that have pushed beyond Epic's stock maps in terms of creativity and quality. No one is going to be disappointed that they're not getting a few '360 exclusives' when there are plenty of better maps out there already for the PC and PS3.

Comment

and i dont want to exchange some exclusive maps for stuff like BTA, UT3DOM, Invasion, the awsome RS weapons and all the other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Hunter View Post
              Not to bash Epic or anything, but there are plenty of user-created maps that have pushed beyond Epic's stock maps in terms of creativity and quality. No one is going to be disappointed that they're not getting a few '360 exclusives' when there are plenty of better maps out there already for the PC and PS3.
              I don't agree with that at all and really find it funny how people don't like giving the amazing LDs at Epic their due. The detail and polish of their levels are amazing and while there are some fantastic levels around that have been made by community members they do not match Epic's level of detail and spit and shine imo. Some come extremely close and those are generally the ones made by other folks in the industry that are pros as well (like Krodan, or some of the levels in the CBP3).

Anyway its only opinions we are talking about and your opinion is just as valid as mine ... we agree that there are awesome levels made by some enormously talented individuals though ... I just see a lot more in the Epic maps than you do obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                I don't agree with that at all and really find it funny how people don't like giving the amazing LDs at Epic their due. The detail and polish of their levels are amazing and while there are some fantastic levels around that have been made by community members they do not match Epic's level of detail and spit and shine imo. Some come extremely close and those are generally the ones made by other folks in the industry that are pros as well (like Krodan, or some of the levels in the CBP3).

Anyway its only opinions we are talking about and your opinion is just as valid as mine ... we agree that there are awesome levels made by some enormously talented individuals though ... I just see a lot more in the Epic maps than you do obviously.
                I agree with you when you look at things in that perspective. But I am sure that if a lot of people played a great custom map and one of the stock ones without knowing which was stock and which was custom, many of them would find the custom one more fun. It's really to complicated to compare all maps, and Epic's team has done a fantastic job with the stock maps.

Comment

Well I think that's the beauty of it, you have Epic giving you their official content and then you have the community doing the same. It's about choice and there's plenty. I honestly would never go near the UT3 Editor as I know I would be useless with it, but I do appreciate the work the community and Epic does when giving us this content for free.

Comment

Originally posted by P!Ghead View Post
                    Well that's good news, It's really not fair that only because Microsoft didn't agree with Mod's that the 360 version is getting "exclusive" content just to make up for it. Which at the end really this "exclusivity" is to boost sales.
                    Um....I just paid 60 dollars for this game on the 360 were it's 30 on pc and ps3 and it's not fair that I get more content that can't be upgraded?? I'm sorry, but you have access to all sorts of user created maps while 360's do not, and mine cost more.

Don't wanna hear about "fair"

Comment

Umm can you even get mods to work on the 360 version?

Comment

No. There is ZERO mod support for the 360 version. And Epic is not going to officially sanction porting over EXCLUSIVE content to the PC or PS3. Its not like the PC which is open and people expect that their content will get ripped. This is the 360 and that stuff is not allowed really (though people do it) and since in this case its a product that Epic and MS agreed would have this exclusive content I can't see them letting someone who illegally ripped it from the 360 version port it over to the PC and then PS3 versions. This is not like in the past with UC2 even ... since the word exclusive content was used only Epic would be allowed to bring this over and I after seeing how serious they are about their exclusive content for a platform (Gears 2 extra content for the PC) I just think on the PC and PS3 platforms should accept the fact that the 360 users have some things we don't and if you want them you need to buy that version (which is the biggest reason I don't see it happening).

Comment

Originally posted by Keltic Rage View Post
                          Um....I just paid 60 dollars for this game on the 360 were it's 30 on pc and ps3 and it's not fair that I get more content that can't be upgraded?? I'm sorry, but you have access to all sorts of user created maps while 360's do not, and mine cost more.

Don't wanna hear about "fair"
                          Well I paid £40 (approx $70-80) for my PS3 version of UT3. My point is that it wasn't Sony who bought Epic off and decided that Mod was a PS3 Console version exclusive, it was Microsoft who denied this to all of us 360 users. The reason why Epic has given the 360 "exclusive" content/features such as maps, characters and split-screen ( which I honestly don't really care about because if I want to play offline with a friend that's what LAN is for) is to give UT3 360's players some kind of comfort and to make up for the fact that the greatest and most important feature of the game lacks on that console. Yes, you are quite right, PC and PS3 players have the benefit of loads of community created content that is high quality, but as I said before it wasn't the developer or the competition who denied this to 360's players.

Comment

ok this is pointless 360 users have already been told that we will get the best mods and maps out of the user created content as free downloads so you people who have doubt that the 360 version is any good just wait and see till we get our first DLC pack. Plus all of you who say ur not trying to be fanboy well your only lying to yourself cause comments like( UT3 plays best on PS3 ) how can you get anymore fanboy than that especially bubbles who said she was trying not to be fanboy lol yeah right

Comment

I think it's "fair" enough to say that when/if a dlc pack for 360 will be available, the exclusive content of the 360 will become available as a BP to PS3 and PC users.
                              Time will tell (as a PC player I really don't care that much anyway)...

Comment

Epic said that if they couldn't open up the 360 version to mods, they'd port the best ones themselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X