360's Exclusives MODs for PC and PS3 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

360's Exclusives MODs for PC and PS3 ?

Hi, is anyone making MOD's for all the "exclusive" content released with the 360 version? Is Epic goin to release another Download Pack eventually to add such content to PS3 and PC?

Thanks

Cr4zyB4st4rd and me are working on Downtown_Necris, its different to the one Epic will drop for 360 tho. see sig for beta.

Comment

Well that's good news, It's really not fair that only because Microsoft didn't agree with Mod's that the 360 version is getting "exclusive" content just to make up for it. Which at the end really this "exclusivity" is to boost sales.

Comment

Yeah the maps have allready been released beafore epic announced it. Epic Eric has released them for PC PS3.

Comment

I want bombing run on the 360!

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Borrelnoot View Post
            I want bombing run on the 360!
            not possible....the xbox 360 has been given splitscreen mode and 2 exclusive maps. To make up for the modding.

But the PS3 and PC still have 24 maps while the xbox have only 5 ( 7 including the exclusives) due to the DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by Hushpuppy View Post
              But the PS3 and PC still have 24 maps while the xbox have only 5 ( 7 including the exclusives) due to the DVD.
              7 maps?!? lol?
              eurm?
              pwned by microsoft i guess.

Comment

Wait till Epic unfurl a new bonus back in a few months time once demand for the 360 version has gone down.

Comment

Originally posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
                  7 maps?!? lol?
                  eurm?
                  pwned by microsoft i guess.
                  Or rather pwned by complete and utter misinformation.

The 360 has all the maps the 360 and PS3 has, along with the bonus pack maps, a couple of necrified versions of maps and the couple of exclusive new ones. Being on a DVD doesn't limit it as the game's only 8gb anyway. We more than likely won't be getting the 360 exclusive maps on the PC or PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex D View Post
                    Or rather pwned by complete and utter misinformation.

The 360 has all the maps the 360 and PS3 has, along with the bonus pack maps, a couple of necrified versions of maps and the couple of exclusive new ones. Being on a DVD doesn't limit it as the game's only 8gb anyway. We more than likely won't be getting the 360 exclusive maps on the PC or PS3.
                    Hmmm - if you meant that the 360 has all the maps that the PC & PS3 have, then in terms of stock maps, probably. In terms of the several hundred user-created maps out there, highly unlikely And I don't see what's to stop the highly-talented mappers out there creating versions of the 360 maps for PC/PS3. As Bi()ha2arD said, he & Cr4zyB4st4rd are making a damned fine job of Downtown Necris ...

Comment

Sure, people will probably make their own versions, but when it comes down to it they won't be the same maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex D View Post
                        Sure, people will probably make their own versions, but when it comes down to it they won't be the same maps.
                        Does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by feisar32 View Post
                          Hmmm - if you meant that the 360 has all the maps that the PC & PS3 have, then in terms of stock maps, probably. In terms of the several hundred user-created maps out there, highly unlikely
                          yea, some "exclusive" maps are nothing compared to the massive amount of user created content for the PC and PS3.

And I don't see what's to stop the highly-talented mappers out there creating versions of the 360 maps for PC/PS3. As Bi()ha2arD said, he & Cr4zyB4st4rd are making a damned fine job of Downtown Necris ...
                          thx

Comment

Does it matter?
                            For many it will, no knock against the mappers working on their own versions, but for lots of folks the professional level designers at Epic are the best in the biz and people would like to have the ones done by them that have the usual Epic polish and solid graphics and gameplay. Epic's attention to detail on their retail maps are just incredible despite lots of people not giving them the credit they fully deserve (which is fine because the professional reviewers definitely recognize their talent). Me I want both the retail maps and the ones done by the community but I am not getting the 360 version with its lack of mods just for five extra maps when I have so many mods and will have even more in the near future. I mean I can add to my content on a weekly basis if I want ... that is just something 360 gamers won't be able to experience.

I counted my mods that I have for the PS3 and I have 112 total and many folks actually have more so mods are definitely cool but pro work is pro work and Epic art junkies who love the overall style of UT3 really would want the levels done by the Epic LDs.

Comment

well

have you played DM-August ofthe community bonus pack? its not done by an epic artist but IMHO it looks better than many (even most) of the stock maps. Same goes for some other maps (not many tho)

Comment

Working...
                              X