Unlimited health for vehicles (request)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlimited health for vehicles (request)

Can someone make a mutator - where vehicles have unlimited health, but you can kill driver (or gunner)?
    Like in halo .
    Thanks

I hate to be a wet blanket ANDROiD, but such a mutator would pretty much destroy and game types that include vehicles. With the exceptions of the Manta and Viper the driver literally disappears when they enter the vehicle, and the person (or bot) essentially "becomes" the vehicle. If the vehicles in UT3 had open cockpits that allowed the drivers to be attacked without damaging the vehicle then this mutator might be viable, but it would still likely be VERY difficult to stop a player in a vehicle given that vehicle weapons tend to have very long range and high damage potential and that driver would be only partially exposed. If vehicles were made to be indestructible without there being some way to damage the driver then the only way to stop one would be to use an EMP Mine, and those are very rare and a giant pain n the *** to use. Personally, I'd like to see most of UT3's vehicles get a makeover, and if that included making the drivers more exposed I wouldn't mind so much, but whoever undertook the task of changing all the vehicles would have to be very careful to do it in such a way that the game didn't become unbalanced because of it.

Comment

Your point is? I can name a few Halo vehicles that make the charater dissapear: Wrath.

Actuly one, as I never played Halo 3.

Comment

I don't know what the original intention of this post was - but I could see this idea working if vehicles were to transfer any damage they took onto their driver, as opposed to just being invincible. More realistically, different vehicles would have different armor values and so reduce the damage by a certain amount.
        This way, the vehicle can be stopped (aka, the driver(s) can be killed), but the vehicle remains in solid condition. Makes hijacking much, much easier.

Comment

Working...
        X